PDA

View Full Version : USA Bowling Coaching to offer free seminars on coaching youths

bowl1820
06-25-2012, 12:01 PM
USA Bowling Coaching to offer seminars on coaching youths
05/04/12
USBC Coaching

For youth bowling coaches, volunteers or parents of children involved in the sport, USA Bowling will provide coaching seminars designed to teach basic bowling coaching skills

The seminars are free, are three hours in length and include on-lane and classroom instruction. The seminars are designed to teach volunteers the skills necessary to teach the fundamentals of bowling to youths.

Read about it here:
http://www.bowlingdigital.com/bowl/node/10877

The seminars also provide the opportunity to gain USBC Coaching Level I certification. After participants attend class, pass the test and are approved through the Registered Volunteer Program (RVP), they will receive USBC Level I certification.

Tampabaybob
07-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the info.

We've got one in Tampa and my daughter wants to go as well. She's been coaching summers and on breaks from college for the past two years
and I'm going to have her do the preliminary coaching level this year before the Bronze.

We need more certified coaches across the country and I would encourage all who read these blogs to do their part in promoting this sport that we all love. The children of today are the adult bowlers and pros of tomorrow.

ursus
07-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Just signed up for the one in St Joseph, MO in October. Hopefully I can learn some things to help me to teach my kids to bowl better.