PDA

View Full Version : Early release

edpup316
06-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Anybody have any tips for releasing the ball too early? I know its not the way its drilled cause its a new development and i'm doing it with all my equipment. Any kind of help would be fantastic! Thanks.

billf
06-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Don't do it.
How many steps do you currently take?

MICHAEL
06-28-2012, 03:14 PM
" Just Say NO" to early release (had to say it after Bill's reply), The drug slogan,,, just say NO,,,, don't do it.... o well sorry!!! But I do agree, with Bill! Hang on a "little longer", then release the ball!! Then it will be released at the proper moment, if there is such a perfect moment! You know I am sorry I even made a comment, what the ...... I am gone, to excited about my wife getting her new ball today,,,, MANIC,,, !

edpup316
06-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Don't do it.
How many steps do you currently take?

i currently have a 4 step approach.

martin
06-29-2012, 12:58 AM
it takes practice i think..

J Anderson
06-29-2012, 07:59 AM
You can try practicing just the release by kneeling with your non-bowling fore-arm resting on the knee of your slide leg. Swing the ball forward, let it swing back freely and on the forward swing start the release when the ball gets to the back of the slide ankle. You may be able to find a video of this on Youtube with either Dick Ritger or Norm Duke.

billf
06-29-2012, 08:05 AM
How about a video so we can see for ourselves? Are you starting your pushaway too early? Or earlier than you were before? Have you tried to purposely release late? I've had some people start their pushaway a split second sooner each week until it's a mess. 3 of them, we just worked on a late release for 5 minutes and then they were back in time. A lot depends on why you're releasing early though. It's usually a compound effect where something else leads to it.

edpup316
06-29-2012, 11:33 PM
I FIGURED IT OUT!!! Like billf mentioned it was a compound effect thing going on. I figured out that i started leaning forward before I would take my first step so because of the slight motion forward before the step it speed up my feet enough that they were way ahead of the ball. Well after I figured that out I threw 219-280-232-229. Oh buddy I'm back and and out for blood... or pins as it were.

billf
06-30-2012, 01:25 AM
Good to hear. It's amazing how a little thing way earlier can effect everything after it.
Here's a video tip I learned in high school playing ball. Have several recordings with as many angles as possible when things are going good saved. If you wait until there is a problem to record you may end up trying to change the wrong thing. You just may see something you've always done that doesn't negatively affect you, without knowing you did it, assume that's the culprit then end up doing more harm than good.

got_a_300
07-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Glad to hear you have it straightened out now as it only takes a very
small thing to really get you all out of whack.

The only good thing about an early release is if you are a inmate in
jail or prison and are in the process of getting out early.

edpup316
07-02-2012, 02:59 PM
The only good thing about an early release is if you are a inmate in
jail or prison and are in the process of getting out early.

That is halarious!