PDA

View Full Version : My Wifes MANIC Came in Today!!!!

MICHAEL
06-28-2012, 03:07 PM
My wife’s 14 lbs Manic came in today! Now she will have two formidable weapons in her arsenal! A Cyclone, and Manic!! Going down to get it drilled today a 3pm….. O yes and that blueberry smell!! It will complement my Virtual Gravity nanno Orange Chocolate!! Will let you all know how it works out for her!!!
Can't wait!!!!!!

billf
06-28-2012, 03:17 PM
I bet it will work better than your Vivid. Sorry, couldn't resist.
BTW, not too sure I would want those balls in the same bag. That combinations sounds nauseating.

MICHAEL
06-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Its all a matter of Taste!! Sounds, or should I say smells like somthing exciting to ME!!! LOL Bill ,,,,, please let the Vivd Die in peace!!!! LOL Later!

The German Shepherd
06-28-2012, 04:21 PM
I had to re-read the title of your thread. I thought, at first, that you said your manic wife came in today...

Jay

got_a_300
06-28-2012, 05:50 PM
i thought, at first, that you said your manic wife came in today...

Jay
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICHAEL maybe your wife will beat you bowling with that new ball now.

ursus
06-28-2012, 06:36 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICHAEL maybe your wife will beat you bowling with that new ball now.

Pretty sure she already beats him, now it will be even worse

billf
06-28-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm sure she beats him. Now she can out score him in bowling too lol
Thought for sure we would have an update by now. I'm sure she bowled with it after getting it drilled.

JaMau24
06-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Mike sent this photo to me so I could compress it to fit on here....

Said she did very well with it and he was very impressed.

Sure looks like she did!

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w261/astroph/Bowling/Joyce.jpg

MICHAEL
06-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Remember this was her first time out with a new ball! Look, as I did, at all the good solid, in the pocket 10 pin leaves!!! Most were right in there, 10 pin leaves! She is fine tuning her approach with this radically different ball, when compared to the cyclone! It looks soooooo sweet the way it dives in at the end. Its surface is 4000 out of box, and it had lots of energy when it got to the pocket!!
We bowled on fresh oil! She now has a great fresh oil strike ball, alone with her medium oil to dry cyclone! I just wish all of you, but Martin could have been there to see how it snapped into the pocket!!
My wife is remarkable!!! My sweet Cup-Cake!!!! Hummmm,,, hum!! One proud husband!!

MICHAEL
06-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Haaaaaaa, Very funny,,,,, I am glad you all got a good laugh,,,, thanks for all the wise cracks!!! I bet you ALL WISH YOU HAD A Manic Wife!!! Or is it a wife with a Manic ,,,, or is it a Wife that has a Manic Bowling BAll! What-Ever!!! Go to bed its late!! And guess what?? I am retired, and my wife let's me stay up Late!! Sweet dreams all you wise-cracker!!

GeorgiaStroker
06-28-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm retired too Michael so I stay up late. All these poor working stiffs should have a taste of the good life. Let us know how Jason does with the Too Reckless tomorrow, I've been thinking about getting one myself.

MICHAEL
06-28-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm retired too Michael so I stay up late. All these poor working stiffs should have a taste of the good life. Let us know how Jason does with the Too Reckless tomorrow, I've been thinking about getting one myself.

Easy Money,,,(that's what I call retirement)!! lol. Will do in regards to Jason! Sounded like they had the Fire Department Standing on hand,,,,,,, He really had some HOT SCORES!! Wow.... I might have my hands full tomorrow!! I am gald it lived up to his hopes, he's a fine young man!!!

martin
06-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Mike sent this photo to me so I could compress it to fit on here....

Said she did very well with it and he was very impressed.

Sure looks like she did!

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w261/astroph/Bowling/Joyce.jpg

the 5th games is exactly what i do most of the time.. not too big of a problem getting spares, but very few strikes.. and thus a score of 160-180

martin
06-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Remember this was her first time out with a new ball! Look, as I did, at all the good solid, in the pocket 10 pin leaves!!! Most were right in there, 10 pin leaves! She is fine tuning her approach with this radically different ball, when compared to the cyclone! It looks soooooo sweet the way it dives in at the end. Its surface is 4000 out of box, and it had lots of energy when it got to the pocket!!
We bowled on fresh oil! She now has a great fresh oil strike ball, alone with her medium oil to dry cyclone! I just wish all of you, but Martin could have been there to see how it snapped into the pocket!!
My wife is remarkable!!! My sweet Cup-Cake!!!! Hummmm,,, hum!! One proud husband!!

hmm.. maybe i'll steal that ball some time soon.. i need it.. lol..

MICHAEL
06-29-2012, 01:29 AM
hmm.. maybe i'll steal that ball some time soon.. i need it.. lol..

Just a quick NOTE Martin! Why not just buy the MANIC? To fly from medan Indonesia to Kansas City Mo, then steal the ball, jump on a plane and fly back would cost waaaaaaay more then what the ball is worth! Some advise: Just buy one there! lol Then you will go to bed with a good feeling, knowing your didn't steal my wifes ball, and spend a few thousand more then what the ball sells for in your city/town. lol

MICHAEL
07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
tonight will be the TRUE test of the MANIC!! She will be bowling with it for the first time in LEAGUE!! She had a 176 5 game out of the box day! We will see tonnight!
I have set her two balls up for tonight,,, The Cyclone.... and the Manic.

The German Shepherd
07-03-2012, 12:36 PM
tonight will be the TRUE test of the MANIC!! She will be bowling with it for the first time in LEAGUE!! She had a 176 5 game out of the box day! We will see tonnight!
I have set her two balls up for tonight,,, The Cyclone.... and the Manic.

What has she normally averaged??

J.

MICHAEL
07-03-2012, 12:42 PM
What has she normally averaged??

J.

ONe leauge 146, and on Tuesday night 152! She was hitting the pocket with the Manic, check out all the 9 er's.... the day she got the ball drilled.... and a 176 average! It will be interesting to see what happens tonight!

The German Shepherd
07-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Cool. I will be praying against the "Hawthorne Effect" for her! LOL!

Jay

JaMau24
07-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Also will be the first time I use the Too Reckless in league... What if we play against each other again? It can get a little Too Reckless for her Manic!

MICHAEL
07-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Also will be the first time I use the Too Reckless in league... What if we play against each other again? It can get a little Too Reckless for her Manic!

I JUST hope YOU,,,, Dude,,,, DON"T go MANIC ON US ALL at the ALLEY, (((IF SHE BEATS YOU WITH HER HANDICAP and new ball!)).... Stranger things HAVE HAPPENED!!! She just called and said she had a BAD DAY AT WORK,,, and needs to kick some butt!! Gulp.... double gulp,,, could that be YOU DUDE?

billf
07-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey, the Iceman doesn't gulp...he makes others gulp!

MICHAEL
07-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Hey, the Iceman doesn't gulp...he makes others gulp!

Bill ,,,,, I am talking about my gluteus maximus and minimus kicking WIFE!! LOL.....(:)

JaMau24
07-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Mike, THE TRUE WING MAN!! He and Joyce took down the first place team tonight earning 3 out of 5 points... Me and my teammate won 4 of 5 points, so now we are TIED for first. Mike had a 279 tonight!! The same game that the opponent he was facing had a 279! I also had a 277 on my lanes!

MICHAEL
07-04-2012, 01:00 AM
my wife and me beat the top ranked team 3 out of 5! We should have had all five!! joyce had, 160, 150, 148, 168 = 156 aberage, her league average is 145, so she stepped up to the plate!! I had a 279 186 208 226 = 899=224 average.... this was against the First place team! Their averages are 229 Tyrone, and 216John. This gave the Dude, (Jason) a part of first place! We are making our move!!

Only bad thing, was my Favorite Undefeated was injured in the battle! Huge ¼ inch gouge about 3 inches long!! I was told that they would have to grind it down to the bottom of the deep cut!!!
I would hate to lose that ball!!!! Its been very good to me, and to replace it would cause deep depression!! There is no other ball quite like it!
How deep can a ball repair go and not change the properties of the ball. It was a good ¼ inch!!!

MICHAEL
07-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Please remember my undefeated in your prayer tonight!!! thanks.... I doubt I will sleep much, not knowing its out come!!

Hampe
07-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Sorry to hear that Mike, er.....Iceman, er.....Frosty :).

Where did it get the gouge? If it's not near the track area then you can still use it. My VG lost a big chunk right between the finger holes, and also has a big 1.5 inch gouge on one side, but both are outside the track area so I can still use it with no problem.

JaMau24
07-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Sorry to hear that Mike, er.....Iceman, er.....Frosty :).

Where did it get the gouge? If it's not near the track area then you can still use it. My VG lost a big chunk right between the finger holes, and also has a big 1.5 inch gouge on one side, but both are outside the track area so I can still use it with no problem.

It's pretty much right on his track. Not parallel with it, but horizontal. You can hear it skip over it as it rolls down the lane.

GeorgiaStroker
07-04-2012, 03:08 AM
Maybe it could be filled with the stuff they use to plug finger holes with.

Hampe
07-04-2012, 05:07 AM
Ah crap that really sucks then. I don't know if there's much you can do. Even plugging it with something would probably have a noticable effect on the reaction.

MICHAEL
07-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Well I know for SURE, that the spinner has made a huge differance in her ball selection now! Manic,,, is sweet going into the pocket on fresh oil, and the cyclone, has become her spare ball, and dry alley! Changing the surface has made a big differance with me and my league that has all TOP GUNS,,,, ( but my wife and me)! lol
I beat several top guns last tuesday scratch,,,, the only way I like to beat them!!! lol 900 series, wit a 225 average that day,, moved about the four balls during the match, and the selection worked out good! I don't think it would have happened without knowing the balls, and how I prepared them!!

MICHAEL
07-11-2012, 09:20 AM
She had a great game with her MANIC yesterday in league, 181,,,, she is constantly bowling over her average with this ball! Sure she might bowl her average, once in a while, but her average has been slowly climbing since she went MANIC on me!!! It has a beautiful tuck into the pocket the last 3 feet or so!!! If she gets better at hitting her mark, she will be a force to reckon with! Did I say a force to be reckon with??? I have been married to her for some time, and let me say, SHE IS the Force!!!
I try to give her pointers, but,,,,,, BUT, she is almost as hard headed as a block of ICE, and does not like taking advice from me,,,,,( a super hero),,, Iceman!! You figure!!
Anyone else out there have a hardheaded wife,,, or is it just the Iceman!!
My Cup-Cake does not,,, in any WAY, SHAPE, or form, want ADVISE, form me while bowling!! It drives me into deep freeze!!! But what can I say,,,, NOTHING!! LOL,,,,, ()

billf
07-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Almost every wife I know doesn't want to take bowling advice from their husbands and sometimes the husbands are even correct in what they are saying lol

MICHAEL
07-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Almost every wife I know doesn't want to take bowling advice from their husbands and sometimes the husbands are even correct in what they are saying lol

Lol…….. Wow,,, I guess I am not the Lone Ranger!! That’s good to know! Somehow it helps with the PAIN! Can you imagine what a Mormon goes through going to the lanes with his dozen or so wife’s!! LOL! (A Fate Worse Than bowling 11 frames perfect, then a solid ten),, maybe? You see something that YOU KNOW will help several of your wife’s, and then to go through the, WELL IF YOU KNOW everything, why don’t you bowl more perfect games!!! (OCUH,,, below the belt!) Pain! So,,,, I have learned to just KEEP my mouth shut, and bite my tongue!! Hardheaded, stubborn, smart woman have a VERY HARD time taking constructive advice,,,, ( you notice I did not say the other C word, (criticism), Constructive CRITICISM!!! There I said it!!!
I really do think it’s a DNA defense mechanism built into the Woman’s genome….

J Anderson
07-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Lol…….. Wow,,, I guess I am not the Lone Ranger!! That’s good to know! Somehow it helps with the PAIN! Can you imagine what a Mormon goes through going to the lanes with his dozen or so wife’s!! LOL! (A Fate Worse Than bowling 11 frames perfect, then a solid ten),, maybe? You see something that YOU KNOW will help several of your wife’s, and then to go through the, WELL IF YOU KNOW everything, why don’t you bowl more perfect games!!! (OCUH,,, below the belt!) Pain! So,,,, I have learned to just KEEP my mouth shut, and bite my tongue!! Hardheaded, stubborn, smart woman have a VERY HARD time taking constructive advice,,,, ( you notice I did not say the other C word, (criticism), Constructive CRITICISM!!! There I said it!!!
I really do think it’s a DNA defense mechanism built into the Woman’s genome….

So Ice, when your very intelligent wife gives you advice, do you always take it? Or does Male Selective Hearing Loss kick in?

By the way, MSHL usually shows its first symptoms when teenage males appear to lose the ability to hear their mothers at normal conversational sound levels. In extreme cases they lose the ability to hear any adult who is not screaming at them. Most go into spontaneous remission when they move out of their parent's home. This remission is usually short lived until the young male marries or moves in with a long term girlfriend. The symptom now is an intermittent inability to hear his wife or girlfriend at normal conversational levels. Oddly enough most of those afflicted by MSHL seem not to mind it. Their significant others have been known to find it very traumatic.
My own dear, sweet, very intelligent wife, is probably thinking right now of starting a second career in medical research to find the cure.

billf
07-11-2012, 04:12 PM
That's why wives #1 & #2 are not too bright. All I have to do is use multiple syllable words and I win the argument by default. I'm not being mean just honest. Case in point; my oldest step-daughter's house caught on fire. My wife said she was "historical". I pointed out that she must have meant hysterical because she hasn't had any impact in the past upon society outside of her immediate family. My wife stopped yelling at me about the fire and asked me to drive her there. She has a huge heart made of gold so I usually let most of her grammar issues slide.

MICHAEL
07-11-2012, 05:47 PM
That's why wives #1 & #2 are not too bright. All I have to do is use multiple syllable words and I win the argument by default. I'm not being mean just honest. Case in point; my oldest step-daughter's house caught on fire. My wife said she was "historical". I pointed out that she must have meant hysterical because she hasn't had any impact in the past upon society outside of her immediate family. My wife stopped yelling at me about the fire and asked me to drive her there. She has a huge heart made of gold so I usually let most of her grammar issues slide.

John and Bill I have it down to and Art form! When my wife is reading me the Riot Act,,,,,
I can look my wife right in the eyes and send my spirit to another dimension!! She thinks I am a good listener, I don’t hear a word she says! Sometimes I can stay in that trance up to 33 minutes!,,,, I throw in a few, ( yes dear’s) and (Ok’s),,,, and the big one ( yes Cup-Cake I agree with you 100 percent)!
The key word that brings me out of the trance is,,,,, ( Are you listening to me)!!!

GeorgiaStroker
07-11-2012, 08:01 PM
My late wife would get very upset when I dropped a vocabulary bomb on her. lol We were talking one day and I said something about a copious amount of something. She said 'what does copious mean?' I said 'A large amount.' She said 'Then say large amount you @#^*#!!'

MICHAEL
07-11-2012, 11:39 PM
547 pretty much says it all!!! LOL... (:)

billf
07-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Marriage isn't as bad as most claim. It's give and take. They give us crap and we take it. We give them our paychecks and they take it.
Seriously though, I'm amazed I found one woman to put up with me never mind two. I have found as I've gotten older that because I don't drink (twice in last five years) or run around that my status has improved lol

MICHAEL
07-12-2012, 12:00 AM
That Manic has been working great for her Bill!!! I think Dude is going to post it! He took a picture, all 3 of us over 200..... It was a Kodak moment!!
I really believe her average is going to level out around 165, to 170! on this summer league,,, she, like many of us, has more then her share of 10 pin leaves...
The game Dude is going to show, will make it clear that she could have had a mid-250-game... look where the 10 pin leaves happend. She was a 145 bowler before, getting the MANIC..... IT suits her style, of bowling it a Tee!!!! wow.... I have created a monster!!! I will have to think of a good bowling Name for her!!

billf
07-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Mike, does she line up with her feet in the exact same spot each time? I see a bunch of bowlers who leave corner pins that start sometimes as much as 2 boards different each shot and think they were on the same spot. Even as little as half a board can change the angle just enough to not carry a corner pin.

MICHAEL
07-12-2012, 02:23 AM
She is in bed at the moment, but I will ask! I know she takes time to find her spot each time! She knows about starting point, and arrow shooting, and making adjustments in relationship to WHAT the ball does!
I know some times when she is going Brooklyn, and still gets the strike,,,, to her,,, ( that’s good)! Today in one game she had 3 Brooklyn’s in a role!!! I kept saying move a couple boards left to get the ball back in the pocket,, ALL I GET is a dirty LOOK!!
My wife is so damn hard headed that I think, you could bend Iron over her head!
She is strong, and has good balance, I think she could be a great bowler, but she know’s it all attitude.
Instead of asking her …
I will copy your thread and put it in her lunch sack!! That way I won’t be around when she reads it lol

billf
07-12-2012, 09:23 PM
While your at it, print off the 3 point targeting system. I love how that article tells you how to line up your focal point, break point and visual point and how to change them to make the ball react differently.
http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/stories/slowinski_btm_june_2007_36-41_3point_targeting.pdf

MICHAEL
07-12-2012, 10:38 PM
thanks! Made a copy for Cup-Cake, and myself,or,,,,a,,, Iceman!! LOL

billf
07-12-2012, 10:45 PM
If Joyce is cup cake then you should be...wait for it...wait...wait....Ding Dong lmao

MICHAEL
07-12-2012, 10:54 PM
We went to the local AMF tonight,,,, I called the Dude to see if he was interested in throwing a few before the BIG bowl off tomorrow. He was busy! Then my wife comes home from work and says: Get the ball, while I grab a bite to eat! WOW,,,, A wife that loves to bowl as much as ME!!! (( That Manic has her on READY NOW 4 or 5 times a week now!!)) I wonder what would happen if I purchased a IQ for her!! Doesn’t take much of an ( IQ ) to figure that one out…. Maybe 8 days a week!!! Beatle song, sorry!
She had another great night of practice…. Didn’t have a 200, but close 3 times out of 6! Last game we tied with a 186, and both had our share of in pocket 10 pin leaves It wasn’t my best but was trying out different ball conditionings on my 4 balls. Surface does make a difference!!… She is like the caterpillar, coming out of its cocoon! Fun to watch, (( even if she is more hard head then me))! LOL

billf
07-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Joyce, don't let Mike see this. It takes 4-6 degree angle to carry all 10 pins. Chances are that you are just on the edge of this angle & at times are just missing this window. Please, try moving your feet one board right while keeping the same target. Not enough angle on the 3 pin allows it to fall to straight backwards hitting the 6 pin too far on the left side of it. The 6 pin then falls sideways, rather than back at an angle, and misses that darn 10 pin.

MICHAEL
07-12-2012, 11:07 PM
If Joyce is cup cake then you should be...wait for it...wait...wait....Ding Dong lmao

I am sorry Bill, but the print was way to small for me to read??? VERY FUNNY!!!! And you Mr Bill could be........ a smart ask!!! LOL!!! (:)

billf
07-12-2012, 11:17 PM
I know but as the saying goes...it takes one to know one

MICHAEL
07-12-2012, 11:31 PM
QUOTE=billf;47528]I know but as the saying goes...it takes one to know one[/QUOTE]

THAT's what you are but What am I,,,,,, (great quote from one of my favorite writers, Pee-We-Herman) lol

Before this conversation denigrates, to even a lower level I need to hit the sack!! ICEMAN, needs his rest,,,,(question I ask my wife): "Honey,,,, did you eat that last Ding-Dong??
Cup-Cakes reply, " No,,, but I want some of that Ding-Dong, so leave me some!!!" ,,, mikes reply, " Ok Cup-Cake,,, there will be plenty waiting for you in the bedroom,,, she likes to eat in bed,,, I am ok with that.....I just worry about too much sugar before going to bed! Lol.... (:) NIGHT!!

Hampe
07-13-2012, 05:27 AM
TMI, Mike, TMI......

MICHAEL
07-17-2012, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE=Hampe;47562]TMI, Mike, TMI.....

Is that anything like TMJ??? What the .... ??

Cup-Cake did it again!! She did it with her Manic Bowling!! It was total insanity, excessive enthusiasm, destruction, ,,, Joyce the Terminator, DESTROYER,, it was ruination on a scale that has not been seen at the AMF since its inception!! ,,,,, she left NO prisoner’s!!
If there was ever a ball made for a CERTAIN Woman’s style of bowling, (my wife), it would be without a doubt the MANIC! She showed the would be conquerors what a Manic Woman, can do with a Manic BALL!! And when the smoke cleared, and the battle field fires were starting to wane, there she stood,,,, with her right arm held high in Victory! Crowds gathered, and cheered over, and OVER,,,, They picked her up and carried her out to her car!!! I am cool with it all! I cleaned her bowling balls, packed everything up, and met her out side!
I am going to ask you out there: Should I change her nick name NOW, form Cup-Cake to((((( WONDERWOMAN!!))) It has a nice sound,,,,,, ICEMAN,,, and WONDERWOMAN!!

MICHAEL
07-18-2012, 11:20 AM
manic woman

MICHAEL
07-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Cup-Cake, will be from this day forward know as MANIC! She has agreed to the Name change, and hated the nick name Cup-Cake! She use to say to me, “Cup-Cake your ………… well let’s just use our imagination to fill in the blank words! Believe me, MANIC suits her well! She can make that Manic Ball, do magic when she’s on!!
It is official,,,,, JOYCE--- Cup-Cake- -- is now,,, and has agreed to the new nick name: MANIC Woman!! MANIC for short!

our dream team is so far: The Dude, Iceman, and MANIC!! We will have to come up with appropriate names for Chad, and our other teammate!

JaMau24
07-22-2012, 02:32 AM
Cup-Cake, will be from this day forward know as MANIC! She has agreed to the Name change, and hated the nick name Cup-Cake! She use to say to me, “Cup-Cake your ………… well let’s just use our imagination to fill in the blank words! Believe me, MANIC suits her well! She can make that Manic Ball, do magic when she’s on!!
It is official,,,,, JOYCE--- Cup-Cake- -- is now,,, and has agreed to the new nick name: MANIC Woman!! MANIC for short!

our dream team is so far: The Dude, Iceman, and MANIC!! We will have to come up with appropriate names for Chad, and our other teammate!

The IncrediBOWLs.. or The UntouchaBOWLs

MICHAEL
07-22-2012, 11:27 AM
The IncrediBOWLs.. or The UntouchaBOWLs

Not sure which one you like Dude,,, but Manic and Iceman like Untouchabowls!! lol What do you think? Bill, any ideas lol

billf
07-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Team names can be fun to pick but are a personal choice. Both are good names.
My Saturday night mixed team is Dysfunctional. Tuesday summer league, Gutter Snipes. Wednesday sport pattern team (summer league) Bowlerz Score. Monday night fall/winter league has company sponsor also. Last year a restaurant sponsored us so we wer Alcove Restaurant. This year my coaching company will be sponsoring us so there will be another team called Bowlerz Score. The sponsor fee is only $15 (was last year anyway) so the real cost will be in finally getting team shirts. I can't remember the name of the team I bowled Sunday mornings with. The time I bowled with all my brother-in-laws we used the name Relative Theory. Yes, the names I suggest have always been voted in.

MICHAEL
08-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Manic had a good night yesterday evening! We are climbing the ladder in large part due to her skill and strength using the Manic ball! Her game on first throw is 100 percent better since our decision to get a second ball. She uses her Cyclone for spare shots now, and I must say is deadly with her 7 or 10 pin shots! She picks those two leaves up 90 percent of the time. We have three weeks left on our $1000.00 pot 14 week league! We have been on a winning streak for the last 5 weeks! Do, to her aggressive take no prisoners attack style of bowling!

Remember we bowl 4 games and have a possible win with total pins of 5 games! We beat this team that brings in this Top Gun Bowler 5 to O last week! This Top gun guy that bowled two 279’s last night and a 254 and a 230 was the reason they won 3 out of 5. 5 weeks ago when we bowl this team we only won 3 out of 5! I had a 900 series, personal best for 4 games! If their 213 bowler would have been there, I am sure we would have taken all 5! Manic and I were bowling that good, that night!
This team is 2 games behind the Dude’s team, as we draw closer to the end. The bowler that he takes the place for is intimidated by my MANIC WIFE! His average is 213! He never does well when bowling US! Manic can stare him down with those deep dark brown eyes and 16 inch arms!! It looks like a prize fight! She has actually curled his pants legs with that stare one time!!

I would bet money he,, this 333 bowler will be there the next 3 weeks!
Now you know why I don’t like sub’s!!!!!!!!!! When bowling for good money, they can be used to win games!!

Manic went to the counter as we were leaving yesterday, and got both managers together and told them that she didn’t like the sub coming in and bowling, and that he needed to clean up his mouth! Every other word, fuC$ God da ect ect.. It didn’t bother me, but Hey; I am and X Iron Worker! But there were ladies present including my wife, and a 5 year old boy that heard it all!
She read them the RIOT ACT…. the main manager agreed with her thoughts, and even said that the reason they won that night was because of them bring him in! (((funny thing is that the assistant MGR is the one that’s on “THAT TEAM”, and the very person that brings the Top Gun in!))) LOL,,, I was not there, she told Iceman to go on to the car, and that she would be there in a minute! (( I thought she was going to talk to the manager about a Birthday Present coming soon for ICEMAN))! I didn’t even know she was upset!!

Now you know why I am against Substitutes!

The Dude went up against a team that PRE-Bowled and one bowler that has been bowling very low scores, Had the Bowling day of his life! But that’s another story; maybe The Dude will elaborate on that!

CARRYING average solves both situations!!!!! (((But Iceman,,,,, you pay for the bowling and don’t get to bowl!!!,,,,, SOLUTION: you get a voucher from the alley for the games you paid for to be used at your pleasure! (((WHAT IS MORE FAIR THEN THAT?))) Such a simple solution, and it takes the stacking of the deck out of the equation!!

MANIC IS UPSET!! She is ONE tough cookie, and has taken Iceman down to the ground more than once! I just hope that I can contain her anger, if this team brings in THIS 333 bowler when we meet next!
You don’t want to be around when Manic goes Manic!!!

JaMau24
08-08-2012, 03:35 PM
The Dude went up against a team that PRE-Bowled and one bowler that has been bowling very low scores, Had the Bowling day of his life! But that’s another story; maybe The Dude will elaborate on that!

CARRYING average solves both situations!!!!! (((But Iceman,,,,, you pay for the bowling and don’t get to bowl!!!,,,,, SOLUTION: you get a voucher from the alley for the games you paid for to be used at your pleasure! (((WHAT IS MORE FAIR THEN THAT?))) Such a simple solution, and it takes the stacking of the deck out of the equation!!

MANIC IS UPSET!! She is ONE tough cookie, and has taken Iceman down to the ground more than once! I just hope that I can contain her anger, if this team brings in THIS 333 bowler when we meet next!
You don’t want to be around when Manic goes Manic!!!

Yeah, I shot a 237, 257, 205, and 238 and we still lost 4 of 5. The guy that pre-bowled with a 160 avg bowled a 182, 255, 184, 221. I'd bet all I have he wouldn't have done that well if he were there.

Mike I think you mean he's a 233 bowler. 333 would be impossible even for the best bowler! lol. If I'm not mistaken, subs aren't allowed to bowl the last week during a positional round because it's against USBC rules, correct? So if we bowl against them to determine 1st or 2nd place, he won't be allowed to bowl.

MICHAEL
08-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I shot a 237, 257, 205, and 238 and we still lost 4 of 5. The guy that pre-bowled with a 160 avg bowled a 182, 255, 184, 221. I'd bet all I have he wouldn't have done that well if he were there.

Mike I think you mean he's a 233 bowler. 333 would be impossible even for the best bowler! lol. If I'm not mistaken, subs aren't allowed to bowl the last week during a positional round because it's against USBC rules, correct? So if we bowl against them to determine 1st or 2nd place, he won't be allowed to bowl.

Yes,,, thanks Dude,,,, Iceman was having a brain freeze!!! lol....(:)

MICHAEL
08-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Manic wants a piece of Mr. 233 average, (come as needed bowler)! She said that she wants another shot at him! ( I am laughing on the inside, almost ready to burst!)

We have done well against them! (the team tied with dude’s team, or one game behind I think)
We did bowl against the 233 sub bowler, and beat them 3 out of 5. But when he didn’t show, and their regular bowler, (who is a good 215 bowler), we won all 5 games!

Manic has more heart and courage then any Iron Worker I have ever known, except maybe myself! It’s going to be a very exciting finish! I just know the Manic is PUMPED, and ready to do DAMAGE next week! She is in a DAMAGE MANIC state of mind!

OOO,,,, I just remembered!!! We will be bowling the Dude’s team next week! What should I do?? There is only one RIGHT and just thing to do! Being a fighter for Truth, Justice, and the American Way, We will play our best, and let the pins fall where they may!! Only two weeks to go for the prize money, which should be around 600 for winners.

ICEMAN/Manic vs The Dude and Jeff!

billf
08-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Jeff needs a cool nickname too. It just looks funny seeing Iceman/Manic vs The Dude and Jeff

J Anderson
08-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Jeff needs a cool nickname too. It just looks funny seeing Iceman/Manic vs The Dude and Jeff

Doctor J?

MICHAEL
08-09-2012, 11:42 PM

Bill, I bet you would like a super hero name!! I like Wild Bill! It’s not super hero, but then neither is Dude! But I think it suit you! Jeff,,,,,, is just Jeff,,, a great guy, but nothing like Manic, Dude, and Iceman! Some bowlers, need just be who they are!

JaMau24
08-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Wild Bill is better than the alternative.... Buffalo Bill! lol

billf
08-10-2012, 07:41 PM
That also seems to be the name that has followed me around for years. Maybe I should get name put on my bowling shirt 'Wild Bill" in nice script lol

ursus
08-10-2012, 08:33 PM
That also seems to be the name that has followed me around for years. Maybe I should get name put on my bowling shirt 'Wild Bill" in nice script lol

How about wild willie, assuming your proper name is William

billf
08-10-2012, 08:41 PM
No. I hate Willie, Billy, etc....my best friend wanted to name her son after me. His name is Liam, the English abbreviation for William and much better than what I've heard in the US. My last job we had a Willie, Will and Bill. Will's mother came in one day and yelled William. All three of us answered her.

ursus
08-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Maybe, one dollar bill, five dollar bill, twenety dollar bill, million dollar bill from dawsonville, depending on how rich you feel

J Anderson
08-11-2012, 09:38 PM
No. I hate Willie, Billy, etc....my best friend wanted to name her son after me. His name is Liam, the English abbreviation for William and much better than what I've heard in the US. My last job we had a Willie, Will and Bill. Will's mother came in one day and yelled William. All three of us answered her.

My uncle's best friend was named William Gill. For some reason he always went by Bob or Bobby.

JaMau24
08-15-2012, 03:02 PM
OOO,,,, I just remembered!!! We will be bowling the Dude’s team next week! What should I do?? There is only one RIGHT and just thing to do! Being a fighter for Truth, Justice, and the American Way, We will play our best, and let the pins fall where they may!! Only two weeks to go for the prize money, which should be around 600 for winners.

ICEMAN/Manic vs The Dude and Jeff!

Well, we had our match last night in league. Me and Jeff won 4 out of 5 against Mike and Joyce. I had a 257, 227, 247 (731), 212 for a 4 game series of 943. Mike shot well too. He only had 1 game under 200 and it was a 191. He had a couple in the 220's. They won the last game by 5 pins, it was a close one. Joyce had an off night, it's ok, we all have them.

Next week is the last week and we have the bowl-off vs the second place team, who we are still ahead of by one game. Mike has a bowl-off with the 3rd place team to see who gets 3rd and 4th.

ursus
08-15-2012, 11:34 PM
I wish both you and Mike & Joyce the best of luck next week

JaMau24
08-15-2012, 11:59 PM
I wish both you and Mike & Joyce the best of luck next week

Thanks Ursus!

billf
08-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Hopefully you finish first while Mike and Joyce finish third.

JaMau24
08-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Hopefully you finish first while Mike and Joyce finish third.

That's the idea! Thanks.

MICHAEL
08-21-2012, 11:53 PM
We were two games out of taking 3 place, still decent money, and bowling a good seasoned team! We had to win big, to take the position and prize money!
Manic had a average day, not one of her best, but close to average, (little above, little under)! My frist game was a 235, then a 258, 202, and final game of 256 for a 951 series! I made enough money to buy a new ball for my birthday next month! Its 9/24/ if any of you would like to send me gifts lol.....
I like what I have read about that IQ from storm! Anyone out there have one? If so maybe your thoughts!

We won 4 and one half games! Tied the first game, then won the remaing 3 and total pins! Last time we bowel them we won all four! That time Manic, bowled super! She was bowling with some pain today, otherwise I think she would have had a super day! We had to have a great day to take third place, due to their 2 game lead going into the showdown!! This was our first sanctioned money league! But not our last!! Iceman/Manic

MICHAEL
08-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Dream team this thursday! The Dude, Manic, Iceman, Chad, (one heck of a bowler like The Dude), and antother 200 plus bowler!! I am READY to RUMBLE!!
Come on Thursday!!! This will be our, (Manic, and Iceman's) first sanctioned winter league bowling!!! I wonder if I should get that IQ, by storm before then??
I want that 300 game real bad! 290 three weeks ago! Close. It would be great to do it on this league! I am sure the Dude will have a few more this winter!
My wife Manic, new to bowling, won the high game scratch on our summer, league, and I won the High game scratch for the men! We need to be more consistant,,,, that's our goal for this winter!! (that is a different league then the one mentioned above, where The Dude, and Paul both had a 300 game!) My high game this summer was 290 spare in the first, then 11 strikes!! Sooooooo close!

JaMau24
08-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Dream team this thursday! The Dude, Manic, Iceman, Chad, (one heck of a bowler like The Dude), and antother 200 plus bowler!! I am READY to RUMBLE!!
Come on Thursday!!! This will be our, (Manic, and Iceman's) first sanctioned winter league bowling!!! I wonder if I should get that IQ, by storm before then??
I want that 300 game real bad! 290 three weeks ago! Close. It would be great to do it on this league! I am sure the Dude will have a few more this winter!
My wife Manic, new to bowling, won the high game scratch on our summer, league, and I won the High game scratch for the men! We need to be more consistant,,,, that's our goal for this winter!! (that is a different league then the one mentioned above, where The Dude, and Paul both had a 300 game!) My high game this summer was 290 spare in the first, then 11 strikes!! Sooooooo close!

Can't wait! We are going to be a heck of a team. You are really going to get a glimpse of how handicap can hurt you... There are going to be nights where we are giving away well over 200 pins to the other team! We will catch them though. I have a feeling there will be a few 300's bowled on our team this winter, YOU included! Lets just have a good time, and bowl well! I'm very excited too. Just don't ever worry if you have a bad game or bad night. It's going to happen to all of us. We just need to pick each other up if someone is having a bad game, or night.

Again, great shooting today!

Also, I was talking about this with Mike, if he had bowled that 11 strikes in a row in a sanctioned league, would he have got a free ring or plaque? I know it would have been listed on "achievements" on his bowl.com page, just don't know if he would have got anything else.

billf
08-22-2012, 10:52 PM
It would be a trophy http://classic.bowl.com/awards/award_listing.jsp?award_type=adult_acrylictrophies Rings are only for 300/800s

billf
08-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Besides, Mike will earn his ring soon enough. I'm betting before the holidays.

MICHAEL
08-22-2012, 11:18 PM
We were two games out of taking 3 place, still decent money, and bowling a good seasoned team! We had to win big, to take the position and prize money!
Manic had a average day, not one of her best, but close to average, (little above, little under)! My frist game was a 235, then a 258, 202, and final game of 256 for a 951 series! I made enough money to buy a new ball for my birthday next month!

Correction!!! Manic went MANIC on me! (her husband and a super hero, figure??) She wanted her share of the winnings, and she did win some games for us with that MANIC BALL! So now Iceman dosen't have enough to buy a new ball and have it drilled for his birthday next month! I will start saving my allowance she gives me, and maybe I will have enough by sept 24 to buy a ball! So many great ones out there to choose from! Bill what do you think would fit into my line up!

thanks bill for thinking I might get that 300 on this league! I expect The Dude to do a FEW MORE for SURE this winter! He has the talent to do just that!!
I am really looking forward to this league! Our second sanctioned league!!!

billf
08-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Mike, get a Storm Hy-Road. In my opinion, the best, most versatile ball ever produced. Good for medium to light conditions. You have heavy and medium-heavy covered.

MICHAEL
08-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Hummmm,,, hy-road,,,, what about the crossroad Bill? I was at the pro shop Monday doing me rounds smelling the Storm products, and the caramel crossroad was wonderful! If I added a little chocolate smell to the finger holes it would be perfect!

Lol I had a real pro stop by yesterday that drills balls, and he said that I was a stroker, (NOW), and that my rev rate was on the line of average, to slightly below! This is the pro that redrilled my balls, and they do rev better then in the film of me bowling in the amf tournament! I would say double at least!

So I guess I am a full roller, stroker! Average revs! Knowing this Bill what would you say would help me get that 300!
(((I am running out of time))) lol

I look at Jason, and say to myself WOW!! What ability, and talent, and youth!! He has what it takes to go PRO,,,, I know this because I ask a Pro that watched him!! I am too old to even let that enter my thoughts, but man would I like to do a 300,,,, and even a 800!

I would like to have a ball that has that extreme angle going into the pocket…. The only ball that I see has that written in its ball profile is the DV8 terror. How different is it to the hell raiser? The reason I think a ball that does that might help me is when I get those 10 pin leaves! I don’t get the angle that the high rev bowlers like Jason gets! (I mean the Dude)!! lol

The German Shepherd
08-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Hey Michael! How about a Vivid! No wait....(ducks and runs...)

Jay

MICHAEL
08-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Hey Michael! How about a Vivid! No wait....(ducks and runs...)

Jay

What,,,,, WHAT way did Jay run,,,,,,, !!!!!! That was BAD!!!! lol I will remember this Jay vividly!!!!

billf
08-24-2012, 08:55 PM
I have a Terror coming so I will be able to let you know first hand. The Marauder is suppose to have a big angle to the pocket as well. Does your Marauder have that angle? I know the Marauder isn't for heavy oil like the Terror.

MICHAEL
08-24-2012, 10:07 PM
]I have a Terror coming so I will be able to let you know first hand. The Marauder is suppose to have a big angle to the pocket as well. Does your Marauder have that angle? I know the Marauder isn't for heavy oil like the Terror

I have a marauder, and so does a friend, the guy that works in the pro shop James! Two different styles! In my case I start out with the V.G. nanno, then when the oil starts to break down, I go to the Marauder. It does have a nice angular jump when oil is medium to light! It’s a good ball! I had that 290, 700 series two weeks ago using it for the entire game! (and that was on fresh oil at a different alley)!

I notice a big difference between lanes! So balls vary depending on where I bowl! I can’t wait to hear what you think of the Terror! Let me know your thoughts! I wonder if its pretty much like the Hell Raiser? Maybe even the same cover stock,,, I will have to check it out!

Jason and I had a good series today at our Friday meeting.
Dude: game 1. 256, game 2. 246, 248, 234 = 984 series 34 stirkes, 10 spares
Ice game 1. 245, game 2. 204, 231, 253 = 933 series 30 strikes, 11 spares

He is just getting way to good for this old, soon to be 64 year old!!! Lol Its fun watching him develop! He has the gift, and style of bowling it takes IMHO!! He throws one hell of a ball of utter destruction! He dosent know them down, I can smell the wood burning!! A the great part about this young man is that he is a Good PERSON!! I enjoy our Friday 2 hour free bowling on Fridays, glad its back! I bet we bowled a dozen games in that time period!

JaMau24
08-24-2012, 11:32 PM
]Jason and I had a good series today at our Friday meeting.
Dude: game 1. 256, game 2. 246, 248, 234 = 984 series 34 stirkes, 10 spares
Ice game 1. 245, game 2. 204, 231, 253 = 933 series 30 strikes, 11 spares

He is just getting way to good for this old, soon to be 64 year old!!! Lol Its fun watching him develop! He has the gift, and style of bowling it takes IMHO!! He throws one hell of a ball of utter destruction! He dosent know them down, I can smell the wood burning!! A the great part about this young man is that he is a Good PERSON!! I enjoy our Friday 2 hour free bowling on Fridays, glad its back! I bet we bowled a dozen games in that time period!

Thanks, Mike. We both had an excellent day. I'm happy the free 2 hour practice is back too.

It was fun to bring out the balls I haven't been bowling with lately. I left the DV8 Too Reckless in the bag today (my "go to" ball), and decided to shoot a series with my other balls. I haven't used the NeXXus in a very long time. Took it out and shot 750 with it (256, 246, 248). Then I used the Vivid and shot 709 (234, 199, 276). Lastly, I used my weakest ball (an old Columbia 300 Wrath XP) and shot a 657 (198, 256, 203). It was nice to throw the NeXXus again.

It's funny how Mike and I are only a few pins apart from each other some games. He beat me by a few pins a couple times, and same with me beating him by a few pins a couple games. We often times even leave the same spare shot. He'll leave a 4 pin, then I will, or vice versa lol.

billf
08-24-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm going to get both the Revenge and Terror drilled identical; 3" pin to PAP, 50 degree drilling angle and 30 degree VAL. This should produce great flare, lots of rotation, quick revving with a massive hook at the break point given my speed, rev rate, tilt and rotation (when I'm bowling correctly). Mike, I will let you know as soon as they are done. I will compare them to each other and to my Nexxus.

MICHAEL
08-25-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm going to get both the Revenge and Terror drilled identical; 3" pin to PAP, 50 degree drilling angle and 30 degree VAL. This should produce great flare, lots of rotation, quick revving with a massive hook at the break point given my speed, rev rate, tilt and rotation (when I'm bowling correctly). Mike, I will let you know as soon as they are done. I will compare them to each other and to my Nexxus

Geeee bill, you have so much money, (TWO!) Why not buy ME one! I have a birthday coming up the 24th of Sept! In fact, I am sure Jason (the dude) has a birthday coming up soon,,,, how about 4 balls? Its a good deal for you! You get two balls, and Jason and Me only get ONE!! Just something to think about!

Looking forward to your thoughts on the revenge/terror!!

MICHAEL
08-25-2012, 12:44 AM
Cyclone,,,, first ball,,,, MANIC,,,, now what? She uses the cyclone for a spare ball, and the Manic for her strike ball! I guess the next step would be a high performance ball! (I am thinking Christmas gift here)!

JaMau24
08-25-2012, 12:51 AM
Cyclone,,,, first ball,,,, MANIC,,,, now what? She uses the cyclone for a spare ball, and the Manic for her strike ball! I guess the next step would be a high performance ball! (I am thinking Christmas gift here)!

If you're thinking Christmas gift, then wait. There will be a bunch of awesome balls coming out in the coming months.

billf
08-25-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm going to get both the Revenge and Terror drilled identical; 3" pin to PAP, 50 degree drilling angle and 30 degree VAL. This should produce great flare, lots of rotation, quick revving with a massive hook at the break point given my speed, rev rate, tilt and rotation (when I'm bowling correctly). Mike, I will let you know as soon as they are done. I will compare them to each other and to my Nexxus

Geeee bill, you have so much money, (TWO!) Why not buy ME one! I have a birthday coming up the 24th of Sept! In fact, I am sure Jason (the dude) has a birthday coming up soon,,,, how about 4 balls? Its a good deal for you! You get two balls, and Jason and Me only get ONE!! Just something to think about!

Looking forward to your thoughts on the revenge/terror!!

I'm getting them for free as replacement for the two Revenge's that cracked.

MICHAEL
08-27-2012, 10:53 PM
You guys out there don’t know how LUCKY I am to have a wife thats into Balls!!! We went by the pro shop at the AMF where we bowl a fun league with a lot of great senior citizens, (non sanctioned league).
And she looked at the bowling display of Storm Products, and the Fire Road caught her eye! Then she lifted it off the stand and held it a moment, then put it next to her face and said, I want IT!! We talked to the Pro, and he said it would be a good step in her arsenal. Especially if drilled correctly for her style of bowling. He filmed her bowling from the back and side! Manic did not crack under the camera! Her filming from the rear was a perfect in the pocket, 10 pin leave, (which she picked up)! Then the side view, she threw a perfect in the pocket strike! With that the driller will use that information to make the ball give a great reaction for her style of bowling!
The other reason I am soooooo much in love with her, is she said,,,, “Iceman,,, honey,,,, get that DV8 Terror you want now! “Wow,,, I didn’t have to wait till my birthday! I had it done in less then 30 seconds,,, didn’t want to chance her changing her mind,,, ( you know how Manic’s can be!)
We should have them tomorrow!
Another good thing happened while we were at the other AMF on Vivion, James the Pro Shop Driller ask Joyce and me to be on his team that bowls on Tuesday night! It’s a good money league, and we are now bowling: Monday afternoon, Tuesday evening, and with The dude on the Dream team Thursday!
What did Iceman ever do to deserve a Manic, Wife!!! Just lucky I guess!! I know The Dude, Manic, and myself enjoy bowing together!! We have a blast!! A cooooooold blast!!!!!!! Iceman

billf
08-27-2012, 11:01 PM
My Terror is scheduled to be delivered Wednesday. Now to see who I will have drill it......hmmmmmmmmmmmm

MICHAEL
08-27-2012, 11:54 PM
You need to have that guy at Strike/Spare here in Kansas City! He was a Pro, and has drilled for the Pro's, traveled with them in a large truck with all the equipment in the back. Has drilled many balls for top bowlers in the area! Lots of 300 game bowlers have had him drill their balls!
Jason said you could stay at his house!!! lol.... ... but if you would rather stay at mine, that would be cool..... Iceman,,,,, (get it bill) coool iceman... lol

MICHAEL
08-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Manic will now have the Cyclone, and Fire Road to punish other bowlers with! Iceman, on the other hand will have Hell Raiser Terror to put the fear of Hell in them. Sort of strange in a way: How does that saying go,,, "Snow Ball's change in Hell", and me being Iceman lol....(:) (
for some of you that are lost, Iceman/Hell Raiser) extremely Cold/overly hot! lol

billf
08-28-2012, 08:56 PM
It is a holiday weekend coming up. 10 1/2 hours each way. I wonder what my wife will say when I say I want to take a weekend road trip to get bowling balls drilled.

MICHAEL
08-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Who wears the pants in your castle!! I know who does in mine!!!! I tell Manic what the heck I want to do, and her answer is always, yes my husband, I couldn’t agree with you more! Bill it might be too late for you,,, you have to start them out early!

Don’t you want a guy that drilled not only for himself while bowling PRO…. But drilled for the PRO’s!! Jason already said it would be ok with him,,,,, and if he backs out you can stay here one night…. Maybe do some bowling, and watch a movie and have some popcorn! It’s up to you….. I ‘ll even clean up that extra bed room that we kept that Pet Hog in, and mop the floor! It just had a liter of pigs, (after birth ect.ect) Will smell a lot better when I scup all that smell out of that extra bedroom. LOL….

MICHAEL
08-28-2012, 11:59 PM
When I threw that DV8 Terror,,,,,
It was like poetry in motion! It went down the fresh oil easy, and then like a magnet, it looked pulled into the 1, 3 pocket at a perfect angle! First two throws on fresh oil strikes!! On the house pattern it looks BEAUTIFUL!! Maybe a turn signal would be a great idea on the ball it’s so pronounced! I am in LOVE!!!

Manic’s ball, Fire Road,,, not only looks beautiful, and smells like a mango,,,, It works Great for her! More angular then the manic on the fresh oil… her first game was a 179….. I caught myself picking it up to take a whiff!!!! Wow,,, that fruity smell of mango!! Truly a ball that smells as good as it hooks!! She is very happy with her choice!

MICHAEL
08-31-2012, 01:03 AM
Well,,,, I have to say it!! The Fire Road is now the go to ball for Manic!! Its proved itself to her, and all of us on the team! She had several turkeys, and almost a few hambones! Half way through the 2 game her thumb stuck, it the ball and she almost fouled, but some how didn't!!! It's a wounder it didn't do damage to her arm and shoulder!! she twisted around 180 and dropped the ball on the floor! I thought she hurt herself! But being too damn mean and tough to get hurt she kept at it! Fire Road,,,, you smell as good as you destroy the pins! Manic is VERY HAPPY with YOU, I think the Vise thumb holes will be coming soon!!
Maybe this weekend I think!!

MICHAEL
09-04-2012, 01:33 PM
First time using the DV8 Terror in a league. I used it all three games and played 20-10 all night just altering speed and release for any adjustments 235, 234, 213
I trust this ball so much I even used it for my spares. I walked in with 1 ball and only packed 1 ball. That was a first.

VERY NICE Bill with the DV8 terror!! Very nice! almost a 700 series with ONE ball! I wouldn't brag about using only one ball! I use both of mine!!

Maybe you and I, ( after I get to feeling better will have a DV8 shoot out! You bowl, and I bowl on the same day!

Rules and Regulations for honor bowl off
1. Must have one person present, prefer that person to be a person of the cloth!
2. NO mulligans
3. Rule one is not necessary, honesty, and trust I have in you Bill
4. Rule 2, still applies.
5. We both bowl 3 games with our new DV8 Terror, and may the best man have bragging rights!

Give me a chance to get over this Flu, bloody Nose thing, (maybe this coming friday when I knock off the Dude in our weekly challange!

Wild Bill do you accept:

MICHAEL
09-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Manic just about lost her right arm the other day bowing league! She has a ball hang up on her thumb every once in a while if she doesn’t keep powder on her thumb! This time it went straight up, and did not come off her hand until her arm came back down and fell from her hand! My first thought was to call an ambulance!!! IT LOOKED LIKE DAMAGE MIGHT HAVE BEEN DONE!!! She is too damn tough to get hurt, and somehow made it through the night.

I decided then, to take her to the pro shop and have the VISE SYSTEM installed on all 3 of her balls!,,, We were there from 5pm to 7:10 last night, but got the job done! Can’t wait to see how it works out tonight in league! Tonight we bowl on the DREAM TEAM, and only have ONE lose so far after 3 weeks! Manic is one of the better female bowlers in this league, and is capable of 200 plus games on occasion!

Will let you know how the VISE SYSTEM works for her. We had Two thumb inserts made. One snug, and then one a little larger. Her main problem is that she has hyperactive sweat glands in her right thumb, and a little swelling to boot! Funny,,, with me, and my VISE SYSTEM, I start out with the tight fitting thumb insert, and IT GETS Looser as O bowl, and as of yet have never had to use the next size up! Anyone out there have that situation with their Vise Grips! (that at fist it feels almost to snug, but as you bowl it actually get looser???)

MICHAEL
09-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Manic went manic on me last night!!!!! Not happy with the Vise system..... One is too lose, and the other just dosen't feel right, and she said: "I bowled the league with my thumb half way down in the ball"! WOMEN????? Wow.... some times she drives me CRAZY!! ( we had two inserts made, one snug, one a little loser)

I said fine, we will plug the holes, have it redrilled and then you can complain like you did before we got started on this quest to find that perfect fit! She is the MOST Stubborn,,, I can’t give any advice, won’t listen to anyone, esp me, woman in this galaxy! I give up!

I only wanted to help her, and thought I was doing her a good deed! NOW I am the bad guy, and she doesn’t like the system!

Fitting her thumb for a driller is like putting King Kong into a VW Bug! The woman cannot be fitted correctly, mainly because she doesn’t know what she wants! “Its tooooo tight,,, still too tight….. now its too losse ect ect!!

MICHAEL
09-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Waiting for a Call form Bruce, the X pro, and driller for the pro's years ago! Its going to be between him and Manic
to decide what is going to happen in regards to direction they will go with fitting her ball! (((( I am out of it!)))) I can't mention, or even give any advice in that regards without her going MANIC on me!! Will let your know how this all turns out! You have all heard this saying: "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't"! That's me in regards to TRYING TO HELP, OR GIVE ADVICE TO MY WIFE! I wish her luck, but for my own mental sanity,,,,, I need to stand down!!

JaMau24
09-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Waiting for a Call form Bruce, the X pro, and driller for the pro's years ago! Its going to be between him and Manic
to decide what is going to happen in regards to direction they will go with fitting her ball! (((( I am out of it!)))) I can't mention, or even give any advice in that regards without her going MANIC on me!! Will let your know how this all turns out! You have all heard this saying: "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't"! That's me in regards to TRYING TO HELP, OR GIVE ADVICE TO MY WIFE! I wish her luck, but for my own mental sanity,,,,, I need to stand down!!

lol, be careful! We wouldn't want her to start hitting the Iceman with an ice pick.

billf
09-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Wives never listen to their husbands and vice-versa. Just like kids don't listen tot he parents.

Mike, as for your DV8 challenge, I accept. I too have some kind of cold/flu thing going on but soon, very soon. Not sure how I missed that post.

MICHAEL
09-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Wow!!! The Cyclone, Manic, and Fire Road will be plugged and redrilled! All her balls were drilled wrong for her style, hand and grip! Bruce form Strike/Spare did a Heck of a job finding out were Manic’s problems were with the ball sticking to her hand!

He recommended keeping the Vise thumb (changeable) inserts. One nice snug fit, one a little looser!
Bruce made many changes,,, span,,, pitch to menton a few!
Can’t wait to see how much better she bowls! I expect that her average will be around the 160 to 180 area.

Good Equipment, fitted properly is KEY! Her average now is 152,,, but has, in spite of her equipment problems, 200 plus games every once in a while! She is strong, and has a good delivery! No reason now for her not to bowl outstanding!!