PDA

View Full Version : Brackets???

ursus
06-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Never bowled a tournament before. Can someone please explain to by what Brackets are and how they work.

GeorgiaStroker
06-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Just like March Madness in college basketball. bowler 1 plays bowler 2. bowler 3 plays bowler 4 etc... the winner between 1 & 2 plays the winner of 3 & 4 etc...each round eliminates half the field.

ursus
06-28-2012, 07:17 PM
I am talking more about the side pot type brackets, I think

bowl1820
06-28-2012, 07:18 PM
I am talking more about the side pot type brackets, I think
Side pots or "Nassau's" are not brackets, Side pots are just that side pots.

Usually you have high game and/or series hdcp or scratch where highest score wins the pot for that game.

Strike pot is where you have to have strikes in certain frames.

Bowling Cut-the-Field – Similar to brackets, but you bowl against the entire field, not just one other person.

Brackets
Brackets are a eight-person, match play, single-game elimination mini-tournament that runs concurrently with a League or tournament play.

A bowler can enter one or more brackets, but can only enter once in each bracket.

The eight bowlers in each bracket are randomly assigned to four single game matches using games 1 thru 3.

First game scores determine the first round winners. Those four bowlers advance to round two, where the second game score determines who advances to the final round.

In the final round, third game score determines the bracket winner.

I like brackets best you can bowl bad and still win. The hardest thing is getting past the first game, because your starting off cold.

ursus
06-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Side pots or "Nassau's" are not brackets, Side pots are just that side pots.

Usually you have high game and/or series hdcp or scratch where highest score wins the pot for that game.

Strike pot is where you have to have strikes in certain frames.

Bowling Cut-the-Field – Similar to brackets, but you bowl against the entire field, not just one other person.

Brackets
Brackets are a eight-person, match play, single-game elimination mini-tournament that runs concurrently with a League or tournament play.

A bowler can enter one or more brackets, but can only enter once in each bracket.

The eight bowlers in each bracket are randomly assigned to four single game matches using games 1 thru 3.

First game scores determine the first round winners. Those four bowlers advance to round two, where the second game score determines who advances to the final round.

In the final round, third game score determines the bracket winner.

I like brackets best you can bowl bad and still win. The hardest thing is getting past the first game, because your starting off cold.

That clears things up. I always see that on the posters and had no idea what it meant.