PDA

View Full Version : Nexxus f{P+R} Shake Down Part Deux

The German Shepherd
06-28-2012, 10:33 PM
So it was dollar a game night over at Slate Belt Lanes (my home house) tonight so I headed over to meet a few folks from my congregation and throw a few lines. I started out with my Vivid and threw a 269 out of the gate (sorry Michael) playing 1 left of center and swinging it out over 10 board to 4 or 5. I figured that was too easy and I was there to practice, so I pulled out the Nexxus and moved waaaay left. I was still stinging over the 15 single pins I left during my league yesterday. After a couple of minor adjustments the Nexxus was golden. I was standing 10 left of center and throwing at the 7 board and watching the Nexxus roar back. I thought I really liked this ball, but after a 238-234-246 on a burned up house shot I am stunned. What a ball....BTW, total corner pins for the 4 games was 8....

Jay

billf
06-29-2012, 08:08 AM
Looks like soon enough you will be adding another 300 to your honor scores, with the Nexxus.

Hampe
07-02-2012, 04:21 AM
Is the fPR the red/black one? I've seen a bunch of guys the last few weeks with real messed up approaches/releases still getting strike after strike with that ball......and everytime I've thought to myself "damn, I got to get me one of those!" :)

billf
07-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Yes it is. Their newest ball the f(p+s) looks even better. It's pearl with a nice, huge angle to the pocket with slightly less overall hook.

The German Shepherd
07-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Yes that is the one and it is a great ball for even carried down oil as it claws its way through it and still has energy left over when it hits the pins. I think I need to get another one of these and have it drilled up in a different layout, just so that I can have this ball in a different reaction. My current set-up is with my right ring-finger covering the pin and a balance hole (smaller diameter) drilled about 4 o'clock. Monster of a ball....I just can't imagine what a DV8 HRR must hook and hit like as the HRR is even MORE aggressive than the Nexxus f{P+R}...

Jay

Is the fPR the red/black one? I've seen a bunch of guys the last few weeks with real messed up approaches/releases still getting strike after strike with that ball......and everytime I've thought to myself "damn, I got to get me one of those!" :)