Typical Conditions: Variety of Shots
Type of Lane: All Synthetic
Weight of bowling ball: 15
Surface of bowling ball: Factory/Box
What grit was the surface of the ball? 1500
Dislikes:

My layout: 70 x 4 7/8 x 30
My PAP: 5/78" over 1/8" up

The Fire Road joins the Crossroad, Victory Road, Victory Road Solid and HyRoad as the latest release in the Thunder line from Storm.

The major differences between the Fire Road and Victory Road is the Fire Road uses a modified FE3 weight block which ups the differential approximately 15%. The cover is also stronger, using the R2X as opposed to the R2S cover. The R2X had previously been reserved for the balls in the Premier line.

I expected to see a reaction similar to the Victory Road but what I saw was a reaction that was slightly smoother when hitting friction than the Victory Road while still producing ample hitting power.

When comparing this ball directly to my Crossroad I was able to play the exact same line with the Fire Road picking up slightly later and still clearing the deck.

The bottom line is if you're looking to add or replace a pearl ball in your bag that will handle medium oil to lighter oil conditions the Fire Road should be your choice.

For more information on the Fire Road, visit:
http://www.stormbowling.com/products/balls/fireroad

snappyarcher
07-09-2012, 03:27 AM
Sir, i would just like to ask which do you like more? The Crossroad or the Fire Road?

Ball99999
08-04-2012, 07:47 AM
I'm also curious what would fit directly under a Modern Marvel better?

billf
08-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Both the Fire Road and Cross Road were manufactured for medium oil patterns. Given the core the Fire Road should yield a higher hook potential while the cover should allow for smooth transitions.