PDA

View Full Version : My bowling team got in a big fight during league

ursus
07-02-2012, 11:00 PM
What a night, I have a lady and her boyfriend on my bowling team. From the very start they were arguing then about half way through the first game they get in an all out shouting match and about went to fisticuffs. They both stormed out in the parking lot and were screaming and cussing at each other and my other team mate went out to break it up, leaving me all alone shrugging my shoulders to the other team. They put on a great show out in the parking lot for the church members that had a fireworks stand set up out there. I am sure they cut into there business as there was a free fireworks show going on between the two of them, so why pay when you can watch fireworks for free.After about 15 minutes they made their way back into the alley and we finally resumed play. To say there was some tension in the room all night would be an understatement.

Hampe
07-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Hehe....man, sometimes I envy couples that bowl together (I've tried to get my wife into bowling but she just doesn't like it half as much as I do), but when stuff like that happens I sure don't :)

The German Shepherd
07-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Oh yeah. That is a two-edged sword for sure. I had a team-mate some years ago who brought his girl-friend to watch him bowl one Monday night and the two of them got into it near the midle of the second game. Needless to say, he didn't bowl very well after that and the tension was a distraction to all the rest of us.

Jay

billf
07-03-2012, 04:11 PM
When I started bowling on my Sat night league it was my sister, her husband, my then wife and myself. We even bowled the next season together, after my divorce. I was respectful enough to not bring a date but my ex would hit on me all night long. Very, very, uncomfortable. We went through several people until my ex's sister-in-law joined the team. My Monday team is my sister's husband and my ex's three brothers and we started that team AFTER I remarried. I had fun explaining that one to the new wife.

FYI my ex's family does not talk to her. Her own doing, not mine. She even made me tell them we were getting divorced. They all said about time. My niece actually said, "about time you got rid of that b!tch"

GeorgiaStroker
07-03-2012, 11:06 PM
The most fun I ever had on a league was when I bowled with 3 people I didn't know until we started the first week. We wound up winning the league and I doubt we spent more than ten minutes in conversation during the entire season. We all had friends on different teams and we would take our turn and then go check out what was happening on the other lanes. We all had a blast and no fireworks or pressure.

ursus
07-03-2012, 11:27 PM
The most fun I ever had on a league was when I bowled with 3 people I didn't know until we started the first week. We wound up winning the league and I doubt we spent more than ten minutes in conversation during the entire season. We all had friends on different teams and we would take our turn and then go check out what was happening on the other lanes. We all had a blast and no fireworks or pressure.

Needless to say I will have that experience in the upcoming season. I signerd on to a team where I don't know anyone on the team. Couldn't be worse than I have right now.

ursus
07-09-2012, 06:27 PM
After the blowout last week. Wondering whether my team will show up tonight and if they do how much tension is there going to be