PDA

View Full Version : Breaking "The Funk"

CrimsonEncounter
07-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Lately, I have been posting some pretty low scores, I haven't changed much in anything as far as my release, speed, approach, revs or anything, I just cannot seem to consistently have good games.

The pro shop guy at my lanes noticed that the span on my grip looked a little short and turns out it was a 1/4" too short. I'm getting the ball plugged and redrilled and hopefully that will break MY funk.

What do you guys normally do when (as I saw earlier) "the wheels fall off"?

MICHAEL
07-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Little changes can make huge differences! I sure the pro will help get you back on track!! Good luck.... ICEMAN

GeorgiaStroker
07-03-2012, 07:21 PM
99% of the time I'm bowling badly it's because of bad tempo. I have to remind myself to slow down.

billf
07-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Now, I record a few games and compare to good games. Use to go nuts trying all sorts of things I thought maybe I was doing wrong, listened to every armchair bowler in the league (they were clueless) and if I could get her to come by, have my daughter see me throw. I spent four months trying to figure out what I was doing wrong once. She watched one roll and said I was leaning too far forward. Boom, slump was gone. She knows my style better than the guys I have bowled with since the beginning.

CrimsonEncounter
07-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Most of the time I don't really think about what I'm doing and that's usually when I'm doing my best. I can throw a good first game and then take a smoke break and get ready for the second, but then I'm trying to think about what I can do to better my score from the first game and then that's usually when I have a lower score.

It'll be anything from the velocity on the ball to my release and then that'll carry over a few weeks.

got_a_300
07-05-2012, 04:44 PM
What do you guys normally do when (as I saw earlier) "the wheels fall off"?

DRINK a lot of booze..............
(nope I'm just kidding)

As billf said if you can have someone video you while bowling
then you can see what you are doing differently each game as
it only takes something very small to make a BIG difference
in your game.