PDA

View Full Version : 2 Cruel Video/Review

MOTIVmags
07-06-2012, 11:04 AM
2 Cruel

MOTIV saved the best for last with their final launch before next season! The 2 Cruel brings a new Asymmetrical Hybrid to the High Performance line. With the new Sinister core and new Whiplash coverstock combination, this ball creates some SERIOUS downlane motion.

The box finish (4000 sanded) is strong midlane, but where the 2 Cruel stands out is at the backend. The response at the breakpoint was faster than any high performance/heavy oil ball I have ever seen. After testing the 2 Cruel with the out of box finish I then hit it with 2000 Abralon. It started sooner as expected, but still created a fast response at the breakpoint and overall making the ball much stronger. Comparing the 2 Cruel to the Raptor Attack (Both with box surfaces), the 2 Cruel is not as long and has much more backend potential.

You can see my video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwZPnv6Zj-0&feature=plcp

Overall, this release allows me to play deeper lines and create more entry angle than I would with other high performance/heavy oil balls. Since the box surface is a matte finish, the 2 Cruel also has the option to be even longer and stronger by polishing or sanding it with a lower grit for even more overall hook!

MOTIV Staff Member
Mike Magolan