Thread: Broke 500

Chats: 0

Smile Broke 500

While most do not think shooting 500 is a big deal and in the past I wouldn't either. BUT I have really been struggling this season. I started the season with 1 league and before tonight had a 156 average after booking 170 last season. I added a scratch league when a team lost their token female bowler. I am at a 154 and came in with a 173 book. This week I added my 3rd league, the team has been without a bowler most of the season and they are friends of mine.

Sunday, the newest league, we are scheduled on 1 and 2, the most inconsistent pair in the house. I end up 2nd high on the pair with 398 (133-132-133) . Monday, Scratch League, I started out well with a 179. Then it all falls apart 132 - 132 (I had to turkey in the 10th to get it ).

Tonight, actually last night, we haven't bowled the past 2 weeks because of the holidays. I started with a 175. I am happy. Game 2 I hit into several splits, but still shoot 164. Game 3 I start with 3 opens and figure this is going to be a grind out. I had tried going more outside, around 5 at the arrows. I moved inside to around 12 and spare the next 2 frames, strike, miss a 7 pin, strike, spare, and turkey for a 162 and 501. I haven't shot over 500 in at a month or 2.

I have been working on my timing and keeping confident through the release. It is getting better. Tonight I felt the timing, arm swing, and release were the most consistent they have been. I need to work on getting back the flat spot in the swing so I'm releasing on the lanes instead of into the lane. Baby steps and keeping positive
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by ThongPrincess View Post
    While most do not think shooting 500 is a big deal and in the past I wouldn't either. BUT I have really been struggling this season. I started the season with 1 league and before tonight had a 156 average after booking 170 last season. I added a scratch league when a team lost their token female bowler. I am at a 154 and came in with a 173 book. This week I added my 3rd league, the team has been without a bowler most of the season and they are friends of mine.

Sunday, the newest league, we are scheduled on 1 and 2, the most inconsistent pair in the house. I end up 2nd high on the pair with 398 (133-132-133) . Monday, Scratch League, I started out well with a 179. Then it all falls apart 132 - 132 (I had to turkey in the 10th to get it ).

Tonight, actually last night, we haven't bowled the past 2 weeks because of the holidays. I started with a 175. I am happy. Game 2 I hit into several splits, but still shoot 164. Game 3 I start with 3 opens and figure this is going to be a grind out. I had tried going more outside, around 5 at the arrows. I moved inside to around 12 and spare the next 2 frames, strike, miss a 7 pin, strike, spare, and turkey for a 162 and 501. I haven't shot over 500 in at a month or 2.

I have been working on my timing and keeping confident through the release. It is getting better. Tonight I felt the timing, arm swing, and release were the most consistent they have been. I need to work on getting back the flat spot in the swing so I'm releasing on the lanes instead of into the lane. Baby steps and keeping positive
    Great work. do you have any stats we can add to our Honor Roll?

Thanks for the updates
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    Great work. do you have any stats we can add to our Honor Roll?

Thanks for the updates
    Nothing from this season, but about 3 years ago shot my career highs - 279 game at PickWick Bowl and 716 at Santa Clarita Lanes. Over the 30+ years of league and tournament bowling I've had my share of 600s and 240 - 260 games.

My only 300 games were no-tap one in last years PBA ProAM at Fountain and the other during the Juniors sweepers. We have a Beat the Coach and everyone bowls No-Tap.

The last year of ABC/WIBC I shot 100 over average - 278 with a 175 sheet average. It was part of the 716 series and I didn't even realize the 100 over until Saturday, the league was a Tuesday night league.

I shot an all spare game a long time ago, I have the patch to prove it
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by ThongPrincess View Post
    Nothing from this season, but about 3 years ago shot my career highs - 279 game at PickWick Bowl and 716 at Santa Clarita Lanes. Over the 30+ years of league and tournament bowling I've had my share of 600s and 240 - 260 games.

My only 300 games were no-tap one in last years PBA ProAM at Fountain and the other during the Juniors sweepers. We have a Beat the Coach and everyone bowls No-Tap.

The last year of ABC/WIBC I shot 100 over average - 278 with a 175 sheet average. It was part of the 716 series and I didn't even realize the 100 over until Saturday, the league was a Tuesday night league.

I shot an all spare game a long time ago, I have the patch to prove it

Well the BowlingBoards.com Honor Roll is above achievements that you are proud of. So if we can add your name to any list, please do let us know.

Chris
    Go Broncos!