Thread: The New Guy

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default The New Guy

Hey all,

I've become addicted to bowling in the last few months! Just thought I'd introduce myself. Got my Storm Gravity Shift in Feb 2008 (first hook ball), been slowly getting the hang of it. Joined a league back in December 2008 and been improving since. The wife has Storm Tropical and is not to shabby. She will be joining me on a league in the summer.

I'm averaging a 167 right now, which seems to be going up every week. Just recently things have "clicked" and I'm bowling a 190 average when I practice on the weekends. Just need to work on being consitent, for example, last week in league I bowled a 221, 151, and a 230. . Current highs are a 241/621.

I think I'm a stroker, since I line up in on the middle dot and throw it on the right side and let it hook into the pocket at about 15mph. My target is the 3rd dot/arrow. Right now I'm using my Gravity as the only ball, and can pickup the 10 pin about 70% of the time now. I have a plastic ball but it just doesn't feel good when I throw it, as it's not drilled for finger tips (like a house ball).

Welp, that's about it for now
    Last edited by TheEricHarris; 03-16-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Chats: 0

Ahh another bowling addict Just beware of also becoming a member of the Ball of the Month Club - I have never had the cash to join that club.

Have you considered having the plastic plugged and redrilled? For spare shooting, plastic is your friend

Welcome!
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by TheEricHarris View Post
    Hey all,

I've become addicted to bowling in the last few months! Just thought I'd introduce myself. Got my Storm Gravity Shift in Feb 2008 (first hook ball), been slowly getting the hang of it. Joined a league back in December 2008 and been improving since. The wife has Storm Tropical and is not to shabby. She will be joining me on a league in the summer.

I'm averaging a 167 right now, which seems to be going up every week. Just recently things have "clicked" and I'm bowling a 190 average when I practice on the weekends. Just need to work on being consitent, for example, last week in league I bowled a 221, 151, and a 230. . Current highs are a 241/621.

I think I'm a stroker, since I line up in on the middle dot and throw it on the right side and let it hook into the pocket at about 15mph. My target is the 3rd dot/arrow. Right now I'm using my Gravity as the only ball, and can pickup the 10 pin about 70% of the time now. I have a plastic ball but it just doesn't feel good when I throw it, as it's not drilled for finger tips (like a house ball).

Welp, that's about it for now
    Great to meet you

I am Chris the owner of this Grand site

I am honored you are here and if you need anything or have any suggestions, please do let me know.

And please tell your league friends and family about us.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Welcome aboard, its always great to see people who want to take their game to the next level, especially husband and wife. I'm trying to get my "old lady" more into it, she's slowly coming around.
    Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything!

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

I find that bowling with my wife is a lot of fun, and I'm even happier when she beats me. Well, on the lanes, anyway.