Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to zone out before a game

Default How to zone out before a game

Before a match I usually need to get focused and in the "zone." If I am not concentrated I know I will have a bad game, which is why I prepare before hand. I find Yoga to be the perfect fit to relaxing all your muscles and relieving all of your stress, but what do you guys do to prepare for a game?

Yoga and meditation.
    Now and then, a beer helps.

http://www.yogabasics.com/

http://www.meditationiseasy.com/
    Duke Harding

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

When I do not have my Ipod with me I think of a song like Enter Sandman and that gets me pumped up
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Chats: 0

For me it's:
    1. Be at the Lanes 15 minutes before practice starts.
    2. Get ready (shoes on, balls out of the bag)
    3. Get refreshments and food (if not able to eat beforehand)
    4. Stare at a point down the lane without the pins and forget everything that happen before coming to the lanes.

After all that Bowl like crud.
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Harding View Post
    Yoga and meditation.
    Now and then, a beer helps.

http://www.yogabasics.com/

http://www.meditationiseasy.com/

Does beer really help? I guess it would help to not think about the stress of getting that strike or spare
    Go Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    Does beer really help? I guess it would help to not think about the stress of getting that strike or spare
    As long as you don't have to many.

Years ago, taverns would have a couple of lanes...Of course, the bowlers would get thirsty, and what better to drink than a lager or two.

Shame the breweries disassociated themselves from professional bowling, (or did the PBA disassociate themselves from the breweries?).
    Duke Harding

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Harding View Post
    As long as you don't have to many.

Years ago, taverns would have a couple of lanes...Of course, the bowlers would get thirsty, and what better to drink than a lager or two.

Shame the breweries disassociated themselves from professional bowling, (or did the PBA disassociate themselves from the breweries?).

I could see that the PBA would want to be away from bad publicity from beer companies, yet Miller has been a big advertiser, so I am not sure.
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    I could see that the PBA would want to be away from bad publicity from beer companies, yet Miller has been a big advertiser, so I am not sure.
    I think the PBA is trying to appeal to families and beer ad's and/or sponsors don't fit into that.
    Then again maybe the breweries are going to where the fans are.
    Look at NASCAR-Bud, Miller, etc. then again they have big shiny areas to paste their names.
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

That's the key - forget everything that happened prior to walking in to the house - relax and let your muscles do what they should.

Everyone has routines - some to notice it. Stick with it, don't get off the gameplan, and last but surely not least - stay away from the negative bowlers or the ones we call whiners that evaluate every shot they make. You don't want to hear any bad things about the game - you just want to bowl your game - not your opponent.

When I face head to head, I don't look at whom I'm bowling or how much crap they carry or I don't. I just bowl my game and more than not it's enough to win. Focus on your game more than your opponents - that's being relaxed and focused. When you get to this point -it's the zone we all strive for - where everything works.

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Enroute to the lanes I listen to Jimmy Buffett, Carlos Santana or Jake Shimabukuru to cleanse the mind. Arriving at least 15 minutes early and some stretching.
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast