Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone

Default Hello Everyone

Hi everyone. I came across your site and looks very nice. I have not seen many bowling sites. I used to bowl a lot when I was much younger. So it is nice to see something you had forgotten about. Well I am going to go poke around. Very nice site you have here.
    Epic Opinion- Have an opinion? Maybe its epic? Let us know!

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Welcome. And come back to the game, you'll find that it's even more fun than you remember.

Thank you very much for the welcome. Yeah, I used to bowl a lot back in the day. It was always fun. But I think the best I ever did was 210. And everything else was much lower LOL So I was never a pro or anything. But, I did enjoy the nights they locked the doors and you would bowl in the dark. Circle Bowl had the cool glow in the dark pins. And if you got a strike when a certain pin was out there you won prizes. Oh to be a teenager again LOL

Chats: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    Thank you very much for the welcome. Yeah, I used to bowl a lot back in the day. It was always fun. But I think the best I ever did was 210. And everything else was much lower LOL So I was never a pro or anything. But, I did enjoy the nights they locked the doors and you would bowl in the dark. Circle Bowl had the cool glow in the dark pins. And if you got a strike when a certain pin was out there you won prizes. Oh to be a teenager again LOL
    ah, a lower average. You and I can be friends. We are amongst some great bowlers on this site. Lots of good information. But when it all comes down to it, it's about letting loose and having some fun, IMHO. At least that's why I do it. The day it becomes too serious to me, is the day I quit. I've been known to sacrifice that 3rd game for another glass of beer with friends (because by the 3rd game, one extra glass is normally the one that does it. hahahahaha).

As long as you're having fun, man. Cosmo bowling isn't my thing, I don't like it at all, as a matter a fact, but if you like it, then that's all that matters.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    ah, a lower average. You and I can be friends. We are amongst some great bowlers on this site. Lots of good information. But when it all comes down to it, it's about letting loose and having some fun, IMHO. At least that's why I do it. The day it becomes too serious to me, is the day I quit. I've been known to sacrifice that 3rd game for another glass of beer with friends (because by the 3rd game, one extra glass is normally the one that does it. hahahahaha).

As long as you're having fun, man. Cosmo bowling isn't my thing, I don't like it at all, as a matter a fact, but if you like it, then that's all that matters.
    Well I have not done the lights and all since I was much younger. But I always enjoyed it. Mostly I think it was because you had to go with people who wanted to be there. They locked the doors and kept you there for hours. So, you never would go with someone who would get bored and want to leave. Those type of people suck the fun out of things. But, yeah my average is not high at all. I have only broken 200 one time. Though I have aspirations of doing it again LOL

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Hey, I'm not among the elite bowlers on here, either, I just try my best. And if it's not fun, why do it? And bowling without beer? Puhleeeeese! Now, granted, I do try to drink responsibly, I don't want to kill a family of 6 on the way home. But bowling is thirsty work, my friends, and that thirst needs to be slaked. It's not called the beer frame for nothing, you know!

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    Hey, I'm not among the elite bowlers on here, either, I just try my best. And if it's not fun, why do it? And bowling without beer? Puhleeeeese! Now, granted, I do try to drink responsibly, I don't want to kill a family of 6 on the way home. But bowling is thirsty work, my friends, and that thirst needs to be slaked. It's not called the beer frame for nothing, you know!
    Nothing wrong with getting liquored up. Though I think that may bring your average down a bit LOL Yeah it only worth doing if it is fun, otherwise what is the point? I know people are really serious about it and call it a sport, but I am not good enough to do that. So, I would just stick with the fun.

Welcome!! My name is Anneke.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

hELLO AND WELCOME TO THE SITE....nAMES bRIAN AND IF YA NEED ANYTHING JUST yell!!!!!!!

~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

I WILL YELL AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS LMAO No, I am fine, but thank you very much for the warm welcome. You are doing a great job with all the posting. Keep up the good work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast