Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No one in Cali yet?

Default No one in Cali yet?

Well I'm in Orange County and have been going to Irvine Lanes in Irvine since I was a teeny kid! Played many a tournies there (and Westminster Lanes). Wonder if I'll find an old fellow bowler on here! That'd be way cool

Chats: 0

I'm also from So Cal, but a bit farther north. I've been living and bowling in the San Fernando Valley for many years. I primarily bowl out of Mission Hills Bowl, but coach the Juniors at Corbin Bowl.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by ThongPrincess View Post
    I'm also from So Cal, but a bit farther north. I've been living and bowling in the San Fernando Valley for many years. I primarily bowl out of Mission Hills Bowl, but coach the Juniors at Corbin Bowl.

Wow that is great you do coaching. If I can help you in any way please let me know as I try to work with youth and young bowlers. I believe they are the foundation of the future of bowling.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Im in phoenix but LOOOOOVE Kerney Mesa Bowl <3

(Its so easy that Ray Charles can get an honor score)
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    Wow that is great you do coaching. If I can help you in any way please let me know as I try to work with youth and young bowlers. I believe they are the foundation of the future of bowling.

Chris
    I first certified through YABA in 1987 and coached when my kids were in juniors and then fell away when they left the program. My personal coach planted the seed and I took the USBC Level 1 in January '07 and started coaching in February. I then took the Bronze in June '07.

I 100% agree, the youth are the future of bowling. I am working on starting a bowling program at the Middle School where I teach. 2 portable lanes complete with pins and balls have been purchased by KYDS the afterschool program. I am just waiting for final approval. Hopefully by 2nd semester. Any suggestions are always welcome. I plan to break the sessions into classroom and on lanes. I plan to have 2 groups of 10 for about an hour each.
    Last edited by ThongPrincess; 12-31-2008 at 02:28 PM.
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThongPrincess View Post
    I first certified through YABA in 1987 and coached when my kids were in juniors and then fell away when they left the program. My personal coach planted the seed and I took the USBC Level 1 in January '07 and started coaching in February. I then took the Bronze in June '07.

I 100% agree, the youth are the future of bowling. I am working on starting a bowling program at the Middle School where I teach. 2 portable lanes complete with pins and balls have been purchased but KYDS the afterschool program. I am just waiting for final approval. Hopefully by 2nd semester. Any suggestions are always welcome. I plan to break the sessions into classroom and on lanes. I plan to have 2 groups of 10 for about an hour each.

That's wonderful. Well if you think of anything you need, even practice jerseys or something for them, let me know. Maybe even stick on patches, anything to let the kids feel important and like a real bowling pro, let me know. I cannot do a lot, yet I will do whatever I can.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    That's wonderful. Well if you think of anything you need, even practice jerseys or something for them, let me know. Maybe even stick on patches, anything to let the kids feel important and like a real bowling pro, let me know. I cannot do a lot, yet I will do whatever I can.

Chris
    Thank you and I will let you know as things take shape. I am excited about the possibilities. I would live to see getting some type of programs in other Middle Schools and possible competitions. The bottom line is I want it to be fun for them and get them hooked on the sport.

My home center is possibly going to allow us to bowl for free once a month - the GM just has to confirm with the owner. The only complication is getting the kids there, but my administrator has already agreed to work with me on that.

Again, thank you!
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

You see, that's why she's a princess, you knaves. LOL! Best of luck, your highness, we need a lot more like you. And by that I do mean lefties! Gotcha!

hello there, im in orange county too, uhh and i work at irvine lanes... lol lol... hmmm.. and used to bowl westminster. send me a reply and we'll talk.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Wow 2 people in California? Hmm maybe California is a small state?
    Go Broncos!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast