Thread: I'm so glad leagues are back!

Chats: 0

Default I'm so glad leagues are back!

Coming from someone on the other side of the counter I have to say I'm so happy leagues are all fired up. It's good to see that most of are leagues are back in full force and we are filled to capacity.

Not only because of the $ aspect. Finally I don't need to deal with putting up bumpers, bring out ramps and I'm not having to walk down the gutter caps to retrieve your balls that slammed into the sweep. I get to see people who bowl over 100 and can have a fairly intelligent conversation about my biggest passion in life... bowling!

I don't have to answer stupid questions like "How do you make your ball curve?" "When does the ball come out of the machine so we can start bowling?" and I don't have to hear the statement "There's too much wax on the lanes!" Finally, it will be nice handing out shoes to people who know their actual shoe size. Instead of playing Goldie Locks with each person. "This one is too big!" "This one is too small!" "This one is just right!"

I want you people to know how much we who work for bowling centers that care about the sport appreciate non-idiots whom possess an IQ that is not equal to or less than that of a parsnip. It's like having a whole new job. Yes of course we still have open bowl but much less. I don't feel like it's working in constant mayhem like I work for Chuckie Cheese. I tip my hat to you!

And we are glad to be back. Though a good many of us never left

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    And we are glad to be back. Though a good many of us never left
    I assume you mean summer league? We don't bother with Summer leagues. There just is very little interest at my center. I'd get maybe six teams, if that. For those people I simply gave them a standing reservation for lanes. They'd text me to confirm each time.

Plus that way if I had a whole house private event it was much easier to text them individually than to try to bump an entire league which I would never do.