Thread: Had a good strike fest Monday on our Senior league....

Chats: 0

Default Had a good strike fest Monday on our Senior league....

First game was a 175 with four strikes. The second game I started with 5 strikes in a row and got one more before the tenth for a 200 game. The third game I had 7 strikes and bowled a 202. Now this was way better then last Monday. I think the house management decided that they would put oil on the alleys after our senior league bowled. At warm up for 10 minutes every ball I threw went down the alley and hooked into the right gutter. I am a lefty. I would stand further right and throw and it still went into the right gutter. When I am not warmed up my ball speed is only about ten and a half mph. So when the lanes are dry I don't have the speed to counter act that dryness. After our games were done everyone was complaining about it. Some of these seniors have a ball speed of only 6 mph. They were throwing plastic and it still hook with their slow speed. I think I bowled a three game series of 371 only. I haven't bowled that bad in a very long time. So yesterday was way better. I missed our first Monday because of a doctors appointment. The second Monday was a disaster with that 359 series. So on our third Monday I was starting with a 123 average. Those games I bowled yesterday is sure going to change my average to where it should be. That worked out for us yesterday because the team we bowled we were spotting them like 120 pins. So my good games saved the day for us because my partners were having some problems with their games. I am the anchor man. I think that I have been the anchor guy every time no matter who I ended up bowling with.
    Last edited by Hammer; 09-28-2021 at 07:40 AM.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Chats: 204

Good game. At least someone is finding carry!

Now we need to get you to find "paragraphs". Gotta break the big paragraph into smaller paragraphs for ease of reading.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Now we need to get you to find "paragraphs". Gotta break the big paragraph into smaller paragraphs for ease of reading.
    Says the author of your mostly "War and Peace" length posts. LMAO It's okay man, I'm right up there with you and as bad sometimes. I too got spanked for this in my early going.

Just so you are aware, I'm sure most people quickly scroll through speed reading most of our posts looking for the Cliff's notes, formatted in paragraphs or not. We need to realize sometimes less is more. I just found it amusing that you were the one pointing it out. 😜

I enjoyed your post Hammer. I guess that's like dead as a hammer.
    I've found this year in our senior league that there is oil on the lanes. Lots better than during the summer.
    I'm likely older than some of your league partners and we have a speedometer on the scoring panels where I bowl. I think the sensors are way down the lane.
    Today I was using my Storm Mix for shooting spares and several of us were paying attention to the ball speed shown. I impressed myself in that my ball speed was somewhere between about 18.5 all the way up to 20.2 mph. Many shots were right around 19.5 mph and I asked people if they thought I was working hard to throw the ball. They answered with a resounding no and I wasn't...
    Anyway did fair today but it was the lowest series I had this season with a 507. My last shot was a 4-7-10 and picked off the 7-pin. Very close to picking it up... Oh well...

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Says the author of your mostly "War and Peace" length posts. LMAO It's okay man, I'm right up there with you and as bad sometimes. I too got spanked for this in my early going.

Just so you are aware, I'm sure most people quickly scroll through speed reading most of our posts looking for the Cliff's notes, formatted in paragraphs or not. We need to realize sometimes less is more. I just found it amusing that you were the one pointing it out. 😜
    I didn't say he should make his posts shorter...I said he should use paragraphs to make them easier to read. That way, he TOO can write War and Peace length posts.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I didn't say he should make his posts shorter...I said he should use paragraphs to make them easier to read. That way, he TOO can write War and Peace length posts.
    I think Hammer is more of an “Old Man And The Sea” type author.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I think Hammer is more of an “Old Man And The Sea” type author.
    I am definitely old. I will be 75 in three months. I have been bowling for 37 years. For a person of 74 I am in pretty good shape for my age. I had to stop bowling for a short time when I had both of my hips replaced. My knees can still handle my approach and my slide. I still like bowling and want to do it as long as I can.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Ringer

That's awesome!

My father-in-law is 88, been bowling for . . . I think they had wooden balls back then? LOL and still carries a 170-ish average.

Keep hammering on, Hammer!