Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your goals?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    So far, so good! averaged a 194 last night. I'm pretty satisfied with that.

So, we're two weeks into this goal (which will take the rest of the season to complete) and so far we've had:

Is your average a goal where we can post it under the bowling honor club for you?
    Go Broncos!

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThongPrincess View Post
    My goals are:

1- Continue improving timing and release - For some reason my timing was a complete mess at the start of the season. With the help of a friend and coach we found it was the first step

2- Build a better/stronger mental game

3- Continue to look at success in terms other than score

4- Regain the confidence I lost over the past few years - If I am successful on 1 and 2, this will be a no brainer

5- Bowl respectably at Nationals so my team won't put me on waivers for next year

While I could probably add more, these are the top 5.

Great goals!!! I hope that you achieve your goals. I believe that short terms goals are great to equal long term achievements. I have faith in you and I hope you keep us posted on your progress.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    Great goals!!! I hope that you achieve your goals. I believe that short terms goals are great to equal long term achievements. I have faith in you and I hope you keep us posted on your progress.

Chris
    Thank you and I will post on progress.

I have a lot of people pulling for me and sometimes I forget that. The bowling community is awesome!
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Chats: 19

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    Is your average a goal where we can post it under the bowling honor club for you?
    Maybe in a couple months. hahahahaha. Our average is cumulative, so I'm not really interested in what the league says I average right NOW (which is 178, IIRC), but hoping to bowl well enough to average a 185 from the time I set the goal, out.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Maybe in a couple months. hahahahaha. Our average is cumulative, so I'm not really interested in what the league says I average right NOW (which is 178, IIRC), but hoping to bowl well enough to average a 185 from the time I set the goal, out.

I am sure you will make your goal Art Keep up the Great Work
    Go Broncos!

I'd like to win a PBA regional event. I'm looking forward to picking out the colors on my banner. I may still be several years from achieving that goal, but there it is.
    Last edited by JAnderson; 01-06-2009 at 11:33 AM.
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson View Post
    I'd like to win a PBA regional event. I'm looking forward to picking out the colors on my banner. I may still be several years from achieving that goal, but there it is.
    And here I thought it was to win the scotch doubles with Kat and sweep us all in the Bragging Rights tournament. I don't plan on coming in last again this year!

Chats: 19

Not so good tonight.... How good? So good I can't even remember the exact scores. It was around a 185-133-212. The only know I know for sure was the 212. I figured my average at the lanes, and it came to be a 176-point-something, rounding up to 177 average for the night, which is 8 pins below where I would like to be.... Eh.... I was my own worst enemy tonight. I was too stubborn during that 2nd game.

So, after 3 weeks (of about a million weeks left before fall season ends):

3 week average: 186 2/3

On pace so far, for that 185 average, but I can't have many more nights like this one!
    I bowl on a wednesday night, and with Christmas and New Years BOTH falling on a thursday, I haven't bowled league since December 17th, and boy did it show in that first game.

Ready for this? My league average is a 177 (as of yesterday, so that 177 I bowled before the Christmas break really DID effect my average), and coming off the break I bowled a NICE 136 for the first game.

Ouch... The ONLY nice thing is it seemed like I was throwing a good ball. It was hitting it's roll phase right about where it needs to, and my line was decent, things just didn't go well....

But I kept at it, and in the 2nd game, I bowled a 203 to bounce back! I was pretty happy with that score, UNTIL the 3rd game...

For the 3rd game, I bowled a 242. That, ladies and gents, is my highest game ever (at least, that I can remember... I am known to bowl drunk on occasion).

So, we had a 136 - 203 - 242 for a 581 series and a 193 2/3 average.

So, after 4 weeks (with about a million weeks left before fall season ends):

193 2/3

4 week average: 188.4

Goal: 185

So far, so good.... (knock on wood)
    Last edited by ArtVandelay; 01-08-2009 at 10:46 PM.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default just one

Just one check in a PBA event before my time is up.

Be well,

Sponge

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeDaddy View Post
    Just one check in a PBA event before my time is up.

Be well,

Sponge
    Hey, I recognize that name from the PBA boards. Glad to see you're here, and glad you're still with us. I just stopped going to their forum because it seemed like a big waste of time. You were one of the saner posters, and they seemed to be few and far between.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast