Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is going to the USBC Nationals?

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

I will be there last two days in april.

What is Bowling?

Bringin this back to the top. Oh yeah Nationals are the best time of the bowling year! This year we are going pretty late bowling on the 10th and 11th of July. Nationals shots can be oh so humbling for people who think they are really good by just bowling on house shots all the time. I have seen 220 house avg bowlers shoot 480 or lower there. It really rewards spare shooting and consistancy. I would encourage all bowlers to go experience the best tournament we have as amateurs. Nationals also for me is a great time because I get to see my best friend who has moved to the other side of the country (Florida) from me and again bowl doubles with him. It is always a great time but this time could be epic as it is in Las Vegas! Anyway to all who go good luck to all you!

Bowler

Chats: 3

I'm just back from Nationals. When you go to Vegas allow yourself extra time for the traffic. I can't remember one street or interstate that is not under construction.

We bowled team on Monday at 2:30-pm. I did reasonably well, but not great. I rented a locker and left my equipment overnight. Our minors were scheduled for 9:20am Tuesday morning. We were staying in a condo about 8 miles west of the Cashman Center. We left Tuesday morning at 8:45. I thought that would be plenty of time. We finally arrived at 9:05. I had enough time to get through the scale room and my shoes on before they took us to the lanes. When we started practice, I couldn't get my thumb in any of the balls I had with me. I only had 2 pieces of electrical tape in them. When removed I still couldn't get into the ball. Needless to say I didn't score at all.

I think what happened is that it is so dry in Vegas that I had a hard time keeping hydrated. I was always drinking something (no not beer either). Because of the extra fluid intake my thumb swelled. I would suggest to anyone going test fit your equipment before you go through the scale room. There are any number of pro shops that can make adjustments for you. After you get to the lanes, it's too late. Believe me, I know.
    Last edited by PSBA10; 03-31-2009 at 02:40 AM.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Ill be out there in Vegas the 1st week of July
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Bowler

Chats: 3

That's great. I take it you found a team.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Man does the equipment problems suck!

This is my first time going to nationals...I'm really looking forward to it, not to mention scoring well. The owner of my home house put up a "nationals equivalent" shot. Its a heavy sport shot, so I'm hoping they have it right...I've scored average consistently on it during practice.

The fun thing about what I understand about this shot, is for a tweener or stroker, where you put the ball down is where its going to end up...you need to focus on consistency and spare shooting! this is no house shot is what I keep telling myself.

Fortunately I pride myself on my ability to adapt and make changes to my game to shoot the best on a set of lanes...
    High Game 289 (quite a few)
    High Series 719
    High average 195

HOLIDAY!!! YOU'RE WEARING YOUR STREET SHOES!

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Quote Originally Posted by PSBA10 View Post
    That's great. I take it you found a team.
    If this was for me ...Yes I did I went on the sub board on bowl.com and found a team
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Smile Natl's

I'm heading out to Veges in June, 22-23. We have two teams from here in Colorado. Last year 2 of our guys ranked 38th in the doubles event. Not bad. As for me, I stunk the lanes up in Albequerque, averaged 156 while going in with 212.
    We are looking forward to this year again. It doesn't matter if you bowl well, just have fun at the experience.
    I'm lucky in that my bowling house will put out the oil pattern to practice on but remember the Nationals lanes are new and your house will not be. That will be a big difference when you get to Las Veges. Remember this is fun, bowling well will be just a bonus. Good luck all.
    Last edited by Bobgpaa; 04-05-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Computer locked up
    Bob from Colo Spgs

I've never bowled in National's....it's something that i've always wanted to do. Perhaps one of these years, I will.
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Ill be out there July 18-19. Shot ont he nationals shot for the 1st time last night.. not too bad 1134 for 6 games. Not too bad for the 1st time on it... realized i didnt bring the right balls witht he 1st ball.. I will be in classified this year so maybe it will hold up for something... Ill be making that loonnngggg trip from FL, hopefully i can come back with something..lol
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12