Thread: Lanes are DONE!

Chats: 0

Default Lanes are DONE!

We got our lanes completely done today, a day ahead of schedule. Wow, just wow! Do they look beautiful! They are so perfect they look synthetic, smooth as silk! Those guys did an outstanding job! I had to go in and raise the pin decks, level them, level the table and respot all the pins. A major chore to say the least. Putting the flat gutters in was such a PITA! We had to cut the strips under them because at the new height with what they took off the flat gutters were too high. Too high and out of spec would cause insane pin action, too low the pins would just lay there. We got them perfectly in spec. Topped it off with brand spankin new pins we had resting in the back for the last two months.

I had to put the ball returns back in, ball racks, clean the hand fans and ball return hoods. Last I had to reinstall all the foul lights and end caps. Several had bad wiring I had to replace. Now for the first time in 10 years they actually work, all of them. That will probably change in a week but they work now. After all that, vacuum a butt load of sawdust, clean the masking units, and line, dust and oil. The saw dust cleanup was ridiculous! Needless to say I put in a hard days work!

That didn't come without reward though. One perk was to be able to pick my favorite pair 7 & 8 and be the first to shoot on them. I gotta tell you it was hilarious. Lemme say that bowling on lanes with the first coat of oil with a 42' THS was just insane! NOT A DROP after 42', completely dry back ends. I looked like a hook monster out there using a Faball Original Black Hammer. I couldn't miss either. My scores were off the scale but don't be impressed. Anyone with a lick of skill could have done the same if not better. The pin action was like nothing I EVER seen. Messengers were coming from other states! I never seen anything like it. My son and I had a blast. Tomorrow, more cleanup. Saw dust is going to be coming out of everywhere for weeks.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

That sounds like a full days work and then some. I'm sure it was well worth the effort. I can't wait to see pictures of the results.
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone

Oh it was all of the above. I have the video but I have to edit it and put it all together. It's going to be a bit though, they have me working over 50 hours in the next week and talking more. Plus my kid is keeping me there extra hours bowling as much as he can get in before leagues start. LOL Gimme some time and I promise I'll get it done. Time seems to be a rare commodity these days. =)
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

You definitely seem like a busy man. I really enjoy reading about all of your (and your son's) exploits.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Bowler View Post
    You definitely seem like a busy man. I really enjoy reading about all of your (and your son's) exploits.
    ^^Where's the "Like" button? ^^ Thank you Dave =)
    Bowling Center Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    ^^Where's the "Like" button? ^^ Thank you Dave =)
    You're very welcome. Keep the posts coming.
    -Dave