Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is aslan?

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post

But the POINT...is that this whole process is seriously screwing with my bowling aspirations...and that is NOT acceptable!!
    You can bowl in a league almost anywhere in the country you want to, what exactly kind of bowling aspirations are you envisioning ?

Like Bubba, I thought the whole intention of moving to Iowa was to be closer to your daughter, if you can't find a good job in your area right away what about the possibility of taking something lesser to get by, and stay in the area until you find the right one.....just a thought.....hope it works out!

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Like Bubba, I thought the whole intention of moving to Iowa was to be closer to your daughter, if you can't find a good job in your area right away what about the possibility of taking something lesser to get by, and stay in the area until you find the right one.....just a thought.....hope it works out!
    I've been applying to numerous jobs well below my qualifications just to "get by". Like I said, those jobs I'm apparently "over-qualified" for.

You can bowl in a league almost anywhere in the country you want to, what exactly kind of bowling aspirations are you envisioning ?
    I can't bowl league anywhere if I don't know where I'll be living in 3 months. Once you're in the league, you have a responsibility to pay the dues.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    Ok, we get all the job hunting and bowling research, but do you get to see/spend time with your daughter?

That would be my main priority here.
    Yup. Lots of time.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    Maybe I missed something in an earlier post, but why did you move to Iowa? I would have thought you were moving to Iowa because you had a job lined up already.
    Nope. I tried to line something up before moving, but it never happened. I finally had to make the move because staying in California my money would have ran out in 1-6 months and I wouldn't have had any money to actually move.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

I've been applying to numerous jobs well below my qualifications just to "get by". Like I said, those jobs I'm apparently "over-qualified" for.

I can't bowl league anywhere if I don't know where I'll be living in 3 months. Once you're in the league, you have a responsibility to pay the dues.

Yup. Lots of time.

Nope. I tried to line something up before moving, but it never happened. I finally had to make the move because staying in California my money would have ran out in 1-6 months and I wouldn't have had any money to actually move.
    All perfectly understandable, glad to hear that you are getting to spend time with your daughter. You've probably already looked up some of the strategies, and how to answer questions, convince the people hiring that you're not really overqualified or that the job is actually perfect for you, and them.....but if not there is some helpful information out there.
    I had a buddy who decided to change his career and had all sorts of trouble with that until he studied a few strategies, and revised his resume so he deemphasized some of the items that made him look so overqualified, then a couple of weeks later, he found what he was looking for.
    Good luck !

The one good thing about St. Louis other than it's a great place, is you would be close to Ice, the beautiful town of Podunk, and the warped wooden lanes he loves ....
    I'm sure he would be willing to give you a few pointers ! lol

Chats: 204

and revised his resume so he deemphasized some of the items that made him look so overqualified, then a couple of weeks later, he found what he was looking for.
    Yeah. I did that. I have two versions of my resume...one for high level stuff in my field and one for low level lab, production, warehousing jobs.

The one good thing about St. Louis other than it's a great place, is you would be close to Ice, the beautiful town of Podunk, and the warped wooden lanes he loves ....
    I can only imagine how annoyed the site would be if both Ice and myself were rolling an 800-series every week.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 4

I can only imagine how annoyed the site would be if both Ice and myself were rolling an 800-series every week.
    oh no the site couldn't that. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12