Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Contest Ideas Thread

Chats: 3

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    True, but there's really no way to regulate that, because if you had a post count minimum, people would just post random 10 character posts to get their count up, and the board will be filled with junk.
    True, but that's where the mods step in, to make sure people aren't "farming" posts.
    From what I've seen so far....there's pages and pages and pages of people entering the giveaway for the ball, but the majority of those people don't post or contribute anything here. The idea behind the post count is to encourage people to start topics and contribute to existing ones.

I also like the idea of running contests but not announcing the terms of said contest.

Other ideas like a banner contest, video contests.....encourage people to get creative.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Jord_84 View Post
    True, but that's where the mods step in, to make sure people aren't "farming" posts.
    From what I've seen so far....there's pages and pages and pages of people entering the giveaway for the ball, but the majority of those people don't post or contribute anything here. The idea behind the post count is to encourage people to start topics and contribute to existing ones.

I also like the idea of running contests but not announcing the terms of said contest.

Other ideas like a banner contest, video contests.....encourage people to get creative.

Hmm very interesting. I know our Next ball will be a great ball that a lot of people are talking about.

So I think your right we need fresh faces to want to be here. If they just win a ball and leave, then they do not care about BowlingBoards.com

I think we are getting some great ideas.
    Go Broncos!

i am willing to give my input on any subject

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by fbushstl View Post
    i am willing to give my input on any subject

Great so what ideas do you have?
    Go Broncos!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12