Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jagged Edge Solid info?

Default Jagged Edge Solid info?

Yay! Whoopie! I just won a bowling ball on here!

What now, though?

I want to use this ball to learn to hook with, and from what I've heard it should be good for that. I'm thinking of making it my first ball with fingertips instead of normal drilling, to help with this. What do you guys think? Would this be a good ball for that? I know it won't hook much, but I thought it would be a good place to start.

Chats: 32

This ball would be excellent for that and a good one to learn with. Congrats, Enjoy
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    This ball would be excellent for that and a good one to learn with. Congrats, Enjoy
    Thank you for your feedback. That is sort of what I thought, but you guys know a lot more about such things than I do, so I wanted to get your opinions. :-)

Fingertips are your best bet when it comes to starting to learn to curve, as well as some solid coaching

On another note, it seems like this ball is a symmetric ball. So it's going to have a nice, smooth curve instead of something jerky like an asymm. I tend to recommend symmetric balls for newer bowlers.

Congrats!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and ball contest winner
    What's in the bag: Radical Zing/Ebonite Choice Pearl/Track Tactix

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPhoenix View Post
    Fingertips are your best bet when it comes to starting to learn to curve, as well as some solid coaching

On another note, it seems like this ball is a symmetric ball. So it's going to have a nice, smooth curve instead of something jerky like an asymm. I tend to recommend symmetric balls for newer bowlers.

Congrats!
    Thank you! The more I find out about this ball, the more it looks perfect for what I wanted. :-)

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Congrats on the win. Let us know how you do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    Congrats on the win. Let us know how you do with it.
    Thank you. I hope I'm able to do better with it than I do when using my vintage plastic ball.

So, I have still not yet gotten the ball drilled. But I have been considering where I should have it drilled for the right amount of hook, and pondering what the “right” amount of hook would be for me anyway. I know the pro shop guy should be able to help me somewhat there, but does anybody here have any thoughts on it?

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by J Daisy View Post
    So, I have still not yet gotten the ball drilled. But I have been considering where I should have it drilled for the right amount of hook, and pondering what the “right” amount of hook would be for me anyway. I know the pro shop guy should be able to help me somewhat there, but does anybody here have any thoughts on it?
    Do you have a ball that is already drilled for you? If so have your PSO watch you throw it and have them get your stats. That should give them an idea of what would work best. If not then just ask the PSO what they think would work best. Might be best to find a PSO that is familiar with Brunswick balls.

Maybe post your general location here and maybe somebody here knows a good PSO in your area. I think there is a site to search for PSO's too. I'm sure somebody here can point you to that if so.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Do you have a ball that is already drilled for you? If so have your PSO watch you throw it and have them get your stats. That should give them an idea of what would work best. If not then just ask the PSO what they think would work best. Might be best to find a PSO that is familiar with Brunswick balls.

Maybe post your general location here and maybe somebody here knows a good PSO in your area. I think there is a site to search for PSO's too. I'm sure somebody here can point you to that if so.
    Since she is switching to fingertip, I doubt having the PSO find the PAP on her current ball will be that useful..
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast