Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have different bags for different alleys?

Chats: 10

Default Does anyone have different bags for different alleys?

Does anyone have different bowling bags with different balls and other equipment they use for different alleys they have League at? Different alleys have different shots. Some ball’s don’t work as well as they usually do at different alleys. So with this case, do you have different bags for different alleys?
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    Does anyone have different bowling bags with different balls and other equipment they use for different alleys they have League at? Different alleys have different shots. Some ball’s don’t work as well as they usually do at different alleys. So with this case, do you have different bags for different alleys?
    If you have the money to buy a bunch of different bags you can do that. Otherwise I've seen 6 ball roller bags. For my tastes (at least for the foreseeable future) that seems excessive. That's 90lbs (15x6) in bowling balls by itself! LOL If you know a certain ball or a couple balls work well at a certain place another option would be getting a locker at that establishment. I've always had a 2 ball roller and if I thought I needed a 3rd I'd throw one in a sling/see-saw and carry it in that way. Currently I have my eye a nice 3 ball roller but I'm wondering if I should just pop for the 4 ball. I swear, making all these decisions is a pain. I've had less contemplation about buying used cars.

Chats: 256

I have 2 3 ball tourney totes that go in to both centers I bowl in.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    If you have the money to buy a bunch of different bags you can do that. Otherwise I've seen 6 ball roller bags. For my tastes (at least for the foreseeable future) that seems excessive. That's 90lbs (15x6) in bowling balls by itself! LOL If you know a certain ball or a couple balls work well at a certain place another option would be getting a locker at that establishment. I've always had a 2 ball roller and if I thought I needed a 3rd I'd throw one in a sling/see-saw and carry it in that way. Currently I have my eye a nice 3 ball roller but I'm wondering if I should just pop for the 4 ball. I swear, making all these decisions is a pain. I've had less contemplation about buying used cars.
    I use a four ball roller. The best part is that you only need to lift one half of itat a time to put it in your car. The bad part is that it is two balls wide so it’s hard to wheel it from the entrance to your lane without running over a few toes.

The serious bowlers are now using a backpack for their shoes and accessories, and dragging around two three ball tournament totes.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I use a four ball roller. The best part is that you only need to lift one half of itat a time to put it in your car. The bad part is that it is two balls wide so it’s hard to wheel it from the entrance to your lane without running over a few toes.

The serious bowlers are now using a backpack for their shoes and accessories, and dragging around two three ball tournament totes.
    Isn't there enough room in the 4 ball bags for shoes and accessories? It's a difficult choice. I really like the Hammer 3 ball roller. It's got the 5" wheels and a sturdy handle. My current one is a 30 yr old Brunswick bag. The handle is a b**** to pull out and put back in, the straps that you join together to carry it are ripped at the bottom by the bag. Plus the plastic thing that you use to rest it on to stand it up is missing. When you pull it, the wheels are so tiny it often flips over. It's seen it's day and needs to be put out of it's misery LOL
    This is the one I'm considering but I have to save $ to get it http://bowlingballs.com/hammer-premi...on-bowling-bag

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Isn't there enough room in the 4 ball bags for shoes and accessories? It's a difficult choice. I really like the Hammer 3 ball roller. It's got the 5" wheels and a sturdy handle. My current one is a 30 yr old Brunswick bag. The handle is a b**** to pull out and put back in, the straps that you join together to carry it are ripped at the bottom by the bag. Plus the plastic thing that you use to rest it on to stand it up is missing. When you pull it, the wheels are so tiny it often flips over. It's seen it's day and needs to be put out of it's misery LOL
    This is the one I'm considering but I have to save $ to get it http://bowlingballs.com/hammer-premi...on-bowling-bag
    My four ball roller, Storm Rolling Thunder, has room for two pairs of shoes, shoe covers, extra soles and heels, tape, scissors, towel, etc. It seems like the guys who bring more than four balls prefer to have the balls in the cases that only carry balls so the weights are identical for each bag.
    John

Chats: 55

When I upgraded to my 3-ball bag I thought it was the best thing I ever bought. Then within a year or so, I decided I wanted another ball and lo and behold needed a joey bag. The joey bag on top of the 3-ball bag was difficult to handle. Also, you are lifting about 50 lbs in and out of the vehicle each time. For you guys that might not be an issue, but for an older female, I began to notice the weight.

Then Santa brought me a 4-ball bag. At first it was difficult to get use to, but after a month or so, I really like it.

Moral of this story....don't waste money on a 3-ball bag if you have any inkling that you might want another ball before the 3-ball bag would need replacing.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    When I upgraded to my 3-ball bag I thought it was the best thing I ever bought. Then within a year or so, I decided I wanted another ball and lo and behold needed a joey bag. The joey bag on top of the 3-ball bag was difficult to handle. Also, you are lifting about 50 lbs in and out of the vehicle each time. For you guys that might not be an issue, but for an older female, I began to notice the weight.

Then Santa brought me a 4-ball bag. At first it was difficult to get use to, but after a month or so, I really like it.

Moral of this story....don't waste money on a 3-ball bag if you have any inkling that you might want another ball before the 3-ball bag would need replacing.
    This is where the "Addiction" of this sport starts to cause trouble and LAGS (Latest And Greatest Syndrome) kicks in. Before long I'll be building a rack of my own again. I built one that held 40 bowling balls and filled it plus had others on cups on the floor. Sadly I left it behind when we moved a few years back from the house getting nailed by a tornado. I left most of it still full too because I was out of bowling for quite some time. With the way things sound like they are going to be going in the next few years I'll be right back where I was.
    My kids can then take great joy going to school and telling their friends. "My dad's got a lot of balls" Even still, when I had all that stuff I still had the two ball bag and a sling. If I were to buy more than 3 balls I don't foresee the to lug them ALL around. I only have one bowling hand that throws one at a time. Maybe I can build a rack to fit in the Tahoe? Yeah, wifey would love that LOL I might as well build a bed in it because that's where I'd be sleeping. I know I'm not out in the thick of things yet so I may be premature thinking 3 would be adequate for each outing.

High Roller

When I bowled before I had 2 balls but used my primary for about 95% of my shots. The 7 pin was about the only time I would use the Black Beauty. I needed a bag and only wanted a 1 ball bag for now but happened to come across a 4 ball Hammer roller for sale. The price was great so bought the bag and 6 balls. The first time I went I took top only with 2 balls in it. Geeezzz. Never realized 31lbs was so heavy. The top bag detaches from the base so the next time I took the whole thing with 4 balls in it. What a mistake. About broke my back trying to get it i the truck. Then got smart and realized it would be much easier if I removed the top bag for loading it and unloading it...lol. Duh. So now I just take 2 balls and leave the bottom empty but still take the whole thing because I don't want to carry 31 lbs in a bag so roll it around.

This is the one I got: https://www.thebowlinguniverse.com/c...er-bowling-bag

Didn't need it but offered $40 for it and they accepted so couldn't pass it up. Nothing wrong with it.

DOH! I didn't realize that the bags detached from the roller. That's a different story all together. I just seen the pictures on the website of the 4+ bags but I didn't read the details on them. Since they detach it makes a lot more sense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast