Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to the USBC Nationals?

Chats: 0

Default Who is going to the USBC Nationals?

They go to different places each year and build the lanes just for the event in a HUGE convention center. Last year it was in Albuquerque NM. This year it's in Las Vegas, NV. This will be my 6th tournament. I'm going the last week of the tournament. July 22-23. The Bowling This Month(BTM) tournament is the best side tournament for serious bowlers. The most "Fun" side tournament is the 40 Frame game.

Our group is going June 27th & 28th. I believe we have 4 teams from various parts of the country. This will be number 5, plus I've bowled 2 Women's Nationals.
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

If and when the Orlando site becomes a reality we'll go, but otherwise we don't even go to state if it's too far away. We make a huge exception for NC.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Im gonna try my team fell a part after I paid for my spot so time will only tell
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

I still have not gone yet, had a chance last year, but wasn't comfortable with my changes in my game to feel competitve. I hear many come back shooting 480 series whom carry 210 avg locally, so I think it would be just a lot of fun to do the first time.

I go to most of the city and state tourneys in Ohio, and there's a Derby Tournament in Ky when the Horse Derby is ran, so I've got plenty of different houses - someday, I'll adventure out to Nationals, I would rather go out with people I have bowled with before as it makes it more enjoyable.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Bowler

Chats: 3

Our group is scheduled for March 16 & 17. We have had this spot for years. This was always the Monday and Tuesday of convention week. When they stopped having the convention and the tournament together, we picked the tournament. 8 weeks and counting.

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Chats: 3

What are the national tournaments like? I really wanted to go to the women's national last year, I think it was held in Detroit? I'm trying to figure out if I can compete with the people that enter. I mentioned to my husband that it's in Reno this year, the promise of gambling is making him consider traveling lol

Do they have divisions?
    What do most of you spend for entry fees, hotels, and travel expenses getting there?

I just had a person asked me to take a spot in May (I think the first weekend) 2 people backed out - I will know for sure next wednesday. My coach told me if I go do teams in the spot, he'll do doubles with me. Sure would be nice to fly out for more than 3 games. I may get the chance to see why 220 avg at my house are shooting 120's at nationals.

I'll follow up next week - if this happens, I'll be busy tourney's Feb, March and May. None found for April yet.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Jord_84 View Post
    What are the national tournaments like? I really wanted to go to the women's national last year, I think it was held in Detroit? I'm trying to figure out if I can compete with the people that enter. I mentioned to my husband that it's in Reno this year, the promise of gambling is making him consider traveling lol

Do they have divisions?
    What do most of you spend for entry fees, hotels, and travel expenses getting there?
    The Open Nationals has 2 divisions - 180 and under and 181 and over. They are open to any USBC member.

Women's Nationals has 5 or 6 divisions based on average. Teams of 5 women, then there are doubles and singles. This can create a problem if you do not have a companion team, either one bowler does not bowl doubles and singles, or you need a 6th who does not bowl team. You cannot bowl singles unless you also bowl doubles.

Nationals Tournaments, bot the Open and Women's, can be a lot of fun. You have to go with and open mind. if you go with the expectation of bowling up a storm, your trip can be ruined if the expectations are not met. The Nationals tournaments I believe are now all on Sport conditions, so it can be challenging.

I personally love bowling in the National Bowling Stadium even if I do not bowl well. There is just something about it. If you can get a team together, go for it!
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Our group is headed out to bowl March7,8. We got lousy squad times 7:30 pm team and 11:30pm singles &doubles. I'll be lucky to stay awake for the s&d.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast