Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Bowling Rituals

Chats: 36

Quote Originally Posted by 2fingerroller View Post
    Hmm seems I need to try french fries as well. What kind of ketchup?
    Hunts has always been my favorite. Doesn't anyone else have any superstitions about serial numbers? Am I the only one? Do I need to seek a pshrink? Does anybody else here distrust those colored globe thingies people put out in theor yards and/or flower gardens???

J.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Chats: 891

my bowling ritual is every time i go to the bowling allie i take my stuf in late or not find my lane and then go to the sotre just out infront of the bowling allie and get one of those rolo chocolate milk shakes not clue of the name i alwasy get one and it works somedays.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Chats: 11

Im sure theres something that I do every week but donot realize it. Now I am going to have to pauy more attention... I do know i do not eat while bowling... Seems like I do just a little worse for some reason.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

I always wore the same socks. I never ate before bowling. There's two driveways into my bowling center, I always went into the same one. Same with the entry doors, there's two ways in and I only used one. At work the day I was bowling, I put labels on paint cans, there's two labels per sheet, I always tried to end up with and even amount of leftover labels. Did that for months, and some weeks I was great, some weeks I sucked. Figured out that none of that crap worked, I just needed to work on being a better bowler.

I always wear black socks.

Chats: 1

I didn't have one, but decided to give it a try, so now I wear my shoe covers between games, and do not leave the approach area. I thoroughly clean my ball instead.

Chats: 25

Back in the day, I would order a pitcher of Bud Light before starting bowling. About halfway through the pitcher was when I bowled the best, probably because I had a bit of a buzz going and didn't care if I messed up a shot or two, plus I was relaxed and just going on muscle memory for my physical game. Of course I probably should have stopped there but no I'd finish the whole thing and then my game would be absolute crap lol. Fast forward to today, I found if I have a beer during the first game, that helps relax me enough to bowl pretty good (for me anyway) and then when we're all done for the night I'll have another one while I chat with friends, etc. It may not help my game all that much, but it makes for a fun evening nonetheless - isn't that why we bowl anyway?

I took a page out of Wade Boggs book. I eat chicken before every game. Doesn't have to be prepared the same way, but most of the time it's chicken fingers from the bowling alley.

Chats: 1

I always used to eat a bag of cool ranch doritos with only my left hand, and drink a sprite before any bowling. Not sure if that was my ritual, or breakfast, but that's what I did every Sat. morning before I rolled.

I agree with the black socks! I tried white and it just doesnt feel right.
    In the Bag: Storm Marvel Pearl, Storm IQ, Columbia 300 White Dot
    In the Locker: Storm Tropical Breeze, RG Defiant, RG Bandit

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast