Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Funny Bowling Rituals

xthe_charismatic_enigmax - By keeping score do you mean writing down the scores at the end of the game?

I wonder who remembers hand scoring... I do. Not because I'm old (26) but I used to keep score for my dad's team. If I kept score for the other team as well, I had more Mt. Dew than I could drink! Every time a round was bought, I got another Mt. Dew. I remember drinking 2 and taking 6 home!

Chats: 19

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    i always eat 2 peanut butter jelly sandwichs and i gotta have shorts i can not bowl in pants
    hahahahahaha. BINGO! I can't either. It just doesn't feel right. But I'm even crazier, probably... I have to have basketball shorts on. It can't be cargo shorts, or any other shorts. Basketball shorts are required.

Aside from that, I just like to get there about 5 minutes early. I like to leisurely get ready, I don't like feeling rushed, and then calmly getting up there for our practice.

My TRUE ritual comes AFTER bowling. I've been on a diet for over a year (60 pounds lost so far). Lately I've been juicing, so I only have fresh vegetable and fruit juices (the health benefits have been phenomenal) except for a sensible dinner. Well, after league night, I get to grab fast food, but no fries or soda. For instance, I can go get a Big Mac, but just the Big Mac, not the value meal. It's a nice little treat, and it lets me be lazy and not have to go home and cook after league (which normally gets me home around 9).
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Shorts??? Obviously not tournament bowlers lol
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Why? Do tournament bowlers have a bit of, "Mississippi Leg Hound," in them?

Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)

Blog Entries

Most tournaments have a dress code. Why do you think you don't see pros wearing shorts or jeans...........All part of trying to move bowling's image up in standards, or so I was told that's why.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

hahahahahaha. Yeah, I know... I was just in the Christmas spirit and saw a good opportunity to reference a classic movie! hahaha.

It's amazing to me how pants are seen as a requirement. Living in Texas, I can't imagine having to golf in the summer in pants, while walking the course like the PGA players. Of course, they strategically schedule the tournaments to try to avoid those 100+ degree states in late July, early August.

Bowling, being climate controlled, I can understand the pants a little more. But still... I have plenty of golf shorts that I'd imagine would be perfectly acceptable. At some point, I think it's just being picky for the sake of being picky. Then again, I have a tattoo on my left leg, so I'd probably be required to wear pants regardless.

But this is all IF I were to ever bowl a tournament. And I never have. Not an official one, at least.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

I crouch, then bounce twice before starting my approach, I don't know, it makes me feel more comfortable going down the lane.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    18 Years Old
    Average : 170
    In bag:-DV8 Reckless, Jet Altitude
    At Home-Hammer Blue Hammer Bowling Ball , Pyramid Path Bowling Ball
    High game-278 1 strike off from a 300
    High series-624 - Shot at tournament 2/22/14

Bowling Style : 2 Fingers
    Favorite Bowler : Mike Miller

Chats: 7

Ok, lets see (in random order):

1) Always wear a baseball cap (usually a Chicago Cubs hat);
    2) Get there 15 minutes early to mentally prepare. I hate feeling rushed;
    3) Always write my scores down to keep track of my progress, or lack there of;
    4) Prefer to bowl games in groups of three when practicing;
    5) Always have 3 towels out. One for the ball, one to wipe sweat of my head, and one extra towel;
    6) Almost always have a sports drink with me.

I'm sure there are other thing but I can't think of them now.
    Arsenal: 14# Storm Tropical Heat Orange/Purple; 14# 900 Global Hook! Red/Yellow Solid; 14# 900 Global Train; 14# Brunswick Twister Urethane; 12# Brunswick "The Pearl" plastic.

hahahaha. I have three towels too! But I only use one. I use my Patriots towel for the ball, BUT the logo must never touch the ball (out of respect for the Patriots).

The other two towels I just keep in my bag and kind of wrap them around my bowling balls for transport. My bag does have a padded separator, but I like the little extra protection.

Blog Entries

Not a bowling only ritual but....I always put my right sock on first, then left, then right shoe, then left. My shoes, sneakers, boots, etc. are all laced the same. Right shoe the lace going right to left goes over the top, left shoe the lace going left to right goes over the top.
    My wallet, keys and anything else comes out of the pockets.
    Now the funny one. If my dentures are in a bowling well they stay in. If I start going bad I remove them. If they are not in for whatever reason then I reverse it, leave them out if going good, out them in of going bad. I lost my mental advantage from when I first got them. If it was close in the tenth I would bowl first then when I turned to walk back I would pop them out at my opponent. They would start laughing on their approach and screw up. We usually deleted the frame and let them re-bowl it but the damage was already done.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast