Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Funny Bowling Rituals

Chats: 19

Bill, that's hilarious, and evil! hahahahaha. Well played!
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Chats: 506

i hate pants lol i have shorts on even in the winter lol

and wait i cant have shorts on in tournaments = (
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Chats: 723

Lol bill your evil!

why not noeymc? i wear shorts in tournament play...
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Depends on the tourney.

Some have dress codes that reguires slacks/dress pants.

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Perrin View Post
    Depends on the tourney.

Some have dress codes that reguires slacks/dress pants.
    i would hate having to wear dress pants, I'm ok with sweats or shorts, but dress pants just seem plain uncomfortable
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

It's not too bad I bowl in slacks all the time. Just takes a little getting used to vs wearing shorts.

I make sure I have nothing in my pockets. It just feels annoying.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    In the bag: Storm IQ, Storm Lucid,Storm Frantic,Brunswick T-Zone .
    High Game: 299 High Series: 725

Nothing in pockets besides wallet, wipe ball before every shot, NEVER wipe plastic ball, thumb doesn't go in the ball until i'm set, and a small test slide before every approach. i'm not sure this is a ritual. i think it's more of a preshot routine.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 30

To start, I take my ball out of my bag and place it on the counter (on its thumb hole) first. Everytime.

I can't tell you how many times I've been all set to throw the first practice ball, got up there and realized my ball wasn't there.

Once my ball is out of the bag, I pull out the towel I'll use that night (I keep at least 5 on me. They're Phillies rally towels from 2007-2011) then I zip up those two pockets, the large one for my ball and the pocket I keep the towels in.

Now, the real ritual begins... the shoes.

I take off my sneakers or boots first and place them under my chair then open the pouch to pull out my bowling shoes. I then place my bowling shoes booties (yes, I have booties for my shoes. Not some bought slip covers... booties that my Grandmom made me years ago, that I stretched out just enough to fit snug over my bowling shoes), zip up my bag and take a walk down to the lane area and have a seat facing the pins.

As I untie my bowling shoe (I never untie my shoes at the end of bowling before placing them away - IDKY), I'm staring at the pins, focusing on my line, envisioning the ball going down and striking them all. I wear thicker black socks when bowling and pull them midway up to my calf. I always start with the left sock. Once its pulled up, the left foot is placed into the left shoe. I pull on the 2nd, 4th and 6th crossover on the laces, tie them tight and tuck the loops and strands toward the front of the shoe. Same goes for the right foot.

Then, I grab my towel, unfold it and throw it over my left shoulder (I keep it folded up in my left back pocket between shots) and my ball and head to the lanes to throw practice. I always - always test the 1 board first from the 18 board. Chances are, it'll fall in the gutter and I'll smile as I remind myself to move inside a bit. From there on its off to the races - and then after practice, we grab our first pitcher of the night, if we're drinking. Thursday Night is a definite drinking night. Wednesday is a toss-up. Monday we never know.. but always a good possibility.
    Last edited by SmilingBowler; 03-02-2013 at 01:50 AM.
    RIGHTY STROKER 12-14 MPH (: .)EBONITE Innovate (: .)ROTO GRIP Disturbed
    USBC: Avg: 176.3 HiG: 257 HiS: 631 || Lifetime HiG: 279 Lifetime HiS: 689
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 16

I wear shorts as well, even in the winter, too. I also wear Nike shirts. I usually wear a Nike shirt whatever sport I'm active in.

I also hang my bowling towel on my shorts. Saves me from digging through a pile of towels, looking for mine. Plus it's readily available, as soon as my ball returns.
    - Ed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Equipment: Hammer 1st Blood (RICO Layout @1500 Polished), Hammer Taboo (RICO Layout @2000 Polished), Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver (RICO Layout @4000), Storm Natural Pearl, Hammer Razyr, Ebonite Maxim

League Average (THS): 207
    High Game Score: 279 (9 in a row)
    High 3 Game Series: 788

PAP: 5 3/4 right 1/4 up
    Ball Speed: Mid 15-16 (Tweener)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast