Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Funny Bowling Rituals

Blog Entries
    Chats: 30

I started keeping my towel in my back pocket about two years ago for that exact reason. Saves me from fumbling through a pile of towels and I always have my towel ready in my left hand before I pick up my ball. One thing I changed was tucking my towel back in my pocket before I threw my ball. It broke up my setup rhythm a bit, so now I just toss it on top of the pile closest to the lane I'm bowling on and retrieve it after I'm done. Sometimes, it'll get covered by two more towels, but many guys maintain the same courtesy. This way, I just have to hold a few towels while I pull mine out of the pile. We have the Qubica scoring control panels and everyone covers them up with towels. LOL!
    Last edited by SmilingBowler; 03-02-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    RIGHTY STROKER 12-14 MPH (: .)EBONITE Innovate (: .)ROTO GRIP Disturbed
    USBC: Avg: 176.3 HiG: 257 HiS: 631 || Lifetime HiG: 279 Lifetime HiS: 689
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

I cover the screen on our lanes with my towel, have done it since youth bowling, through high school and now in league play. My teammates think I am nuts but its something that I have always done.

Chats: 0

Before I bowl I always drink a Frappuchino Been doing it for about 6 years now It may not help my game, but they do taste good
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

I am a proud winner of a Bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

I stretch and do some arm circles, which is more prep than ritual but it's the only consistent thing I do before bowling.

Can't have anything in my pockets. Ever. Also, I can't have like cargo shorts because my ball tends to bounce off of them and mess up my swing.

I never eat while bowling. I never have anything in my pockets. I bring 4-5 pieces of gum for the night. I try to keep the same routine just before I bowl, wipe ball etc.. I think it helps with my concentration.

To keep from getting distracted, I always watch for bowlers to the left or right who have unusual bowling styles or who stay up at foul line to long and try not to be on the approach.

Michael - www.bowlinglist.com

This isn't a ritual, but it's a habit...

Whenever I have a clean release on a ball, my left arm gets curled around my back pretty weirdly. lol

Actually, I do have one.

I HATE wearing long pants while bowling. Always shorts.

Summers shorts all the way.

I have found this year that Wrangler cargo/relaxed fit jeans work fine also... but not regular fit.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

I am funny looking enough I dont need extra stuff to bring even more attention to myself
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast