Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Funny Bowling Rituals

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxmazr View Post
    Actually, I do have one.

I HATE wearing long pants while bowling. Always shorts.
    I'll second that.

I have multiple rituals:
    1) I always will wipe the sole of my left bowling shoe with my bowling hand. <-----gave that one up.
    2) I have an exaggerated/funky 2nd cross step. <--------------Trying to get rid of that one.
    3) I almost always rosin my palm and powder my thumb.
    4) I always towel the ball off at the end of the frame, but never between shots if I leave a spare or in the 10th after a spare. If I need to switch balls to pick up the spare, I'll towel off the first ball, use the 2nd ball, then towel off the second ball before leaving the approach.
    5) I almost always empty all of my pockets before bowling.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

used to bowl with a guy who was the definition of Mr. Physical Fitness, every time he left an open frame he would do 10 push ups for every pin missed.
    me on the other hand and i always chicken wing my elbow to get comfy with my hand in the ball, i dont chicken wing throw the ball lol
    i also tend to run my slide foot under the ball return if possible
    and i pray before every game

Chats: 0

I'm gonna put my "Buddy Christ" dashboard icon on the scoring table and rub it three times before every throw.
    Last edited by rv driver; 06-10-2014 at 09:24 PM.

I pick my ball up , blow in my thumb-hole before I grip and take to the approach. Also have a cappuccino when I bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG View Post
    I pick my ball up , blow in my thumb-hole before I grip and take to the approach. Also have a cappuccino when I bowl.
    Wait... How is that "funny" again?

SandBagger

Throw atleast 1 gutter ball during warm up (became part of my pregame rutian). Before start my approach, I crack my shoulders. Guess a lock and load type thing.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    Wait... How is that "funny" again?
    A bowler drinking cappuccino is pretty funny to me.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    A bowler drinking cappuccino is pretty funny to me.
    Have you ever seen some of these clowns lining up at Starbucks??? Cappuccino is serious bidness!!! (What's funny is that it's cappuccino, rather than a foamy chocolate latte with amaretto and sprinkles...)

Several people including the Friday Night senior swingers I bowl with (not really the name but it definitely applies) drink white wine when they bowl. It makes me chuckle every time.

It just looks silly!
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

Although this thread is over 2 years old, the very first post gets my vote for the best ritual!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast