Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preparing for the Vegas Veteran's Tournament

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Good luck. During your hour of practice you may want to perform your practice game of using each ball and guess the adjustment.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 2

Back from the tournament. Sam's Town charges $10 per day for internet access, so I went without. Here is the synopsis. Tournament handicap was 90% of 230, my average is 221 so I received 8 pins per game.

1) Holy sticky approach! I don't have much of a slide, but I was afraid people were going to fall on their faces. I might have to upgrade shoes to ones that have interchangeable slide pads.
    2) Can't beat the baggers. Shot a few nice games out of the 21 on the week, 266, 264, 259, 255, 253. The only game that cashed for me was the during the sweeper, the 266...274 with handicap. And that was good for the lowest paying high game.
    3) The hour of free practice was a cluster; it was better to buy 3 games the morning before for practice.
    4) My overall average for the tournament was about 210-215. After seeing the results from the sweeper, I knew I needed to average 240 for the week to cash. I allowed the additional pressure to overwhelm me during the week.
    5) One game kills a 3 game series. 186-255-259= 700 scratch, 724 w/handicap was not good enough to cash in the singles competition.
    6) First time in a long time that I bowled in a house that allowed smoking. That also was a little annoying dealing with irritated eyes.
    7) I was thankful for additional interchangeable thumbs. The additional heat and humidity in Vegas caused my thumb to swell and I needed the larger slug for the first game of each series.
    8) They had a nice discount on the Roto Grip Defiant, so I picked one up and had it drilled. Sadly, the house driller screwed up the pitch. So he is fixing it and mailing it to me once it is complete.
    Bowling - it's easy when you understand all the physics beneath the surface.
    High game - 300
    High league game - 290 x3
    High series - 802

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12