Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do YOU break your wrist right before/at point of release?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Mine does but it took me quite awhile to get it that way. Lots of video to see what I was really doing compared to what I thought I was doing.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 891

the way i do it is jsut atural if i forcuse on it too much i will mess it up soo i have not focused on it eversince i figured that out and i have been doing well with the release most focusing on my target and my release point sometimes im releasing to late but never to soon
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Ball99999 View Post
    Every time I watch a slow motion release video such as here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Y1UFopE4#t=32s

I noticed a whipping motion, where the wrist suddenly projects forward. I hadn't realized what this was until now, even though I've heard Norm Duke speak of it, but are they breaking their wrist (uncupping) at this point?

If so, what is the advantage of cupping? Advantage of this breakage?
    I remembered seeing this article and thought you might get something out of it. The first time I read it, my lightbulb (in my head) came on, and it started to make sense. It's good information and may answer your question about the split second that you uncup your wrist. Let me know what you think.

Bob

The Flat spot

The Length of the Slide plus the amount of Knee continuation equals the length of an individual’s Flat Spot.
    I have always equated the flat spot in bowling with that of the divot taken after striking the golf ball with an iron. Both are the result of proper technique……not a learned technique in itself.

In the first slide Doug’s foot is flat on the floor and he is about to begin his slide. If this were the beginning and end of his slide, the swing would follow the red arc defined by the swing center (white star #1) with minimal flat spot. The small amount of flat spot would be the amount the shoulder (radius point of the swing) would move forward in order to deliver the ball.

In the second view his slide is now complete and the swing radius has moved forward as a result of the slide foot moving from the yellow to the green line. This movement of the slide foot forward also moves the radius of the swing towards the foul line to position #2. Because the radius of the swing moved forward the ball path can no longer follow the original red arc. It is now on the path of the blue arc.
    As the shoulders close and the body weight transfers to the slide foot the radius of the swing moves forward to position #3.
    The body weight continues to move forward and so does the radius of the swing, now at position #4. From position #4 the swing will arc upward on a path very similar to the original red arc.

My summary: The length of the radius of his swing (shoulder to ball) never changes. The radius point of the swing moving forward as a result of Slide distance and Knee Continuation creates the length of his flat spot (orange line).

Flat_Spot.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123