Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My release was good for three weeks..until this week..what happened?

Default My release was good for three weeks..until this week..what happened?

Hi guys,

My release was pretty good three weeks ago..been scoring at an average of 175. Until last weekend, my hands went back into its old sickness of going "on top" of the ball causing the ball to "spin" instead of doing a side rotation. Scored 120 because of that. I dont know what really happened. Then I thought maybe my arms are tired since I played basketball that morning and been driving my car all day? I dont really know.

Fatigue, lack of focus, and old muscle memory. lol. It happens to all of us when trying to learn a new technique, or rather unlearn an old technique. It takes lots of focused practice to change an old behavior for a new one. Hang in there, work hard, focus on every shot and soon you will beat your old habit. Remember a bad day bowling beats a good day at work. lol
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Storm Modern Marvel
    Radical Time's Up
    Storm Black Ice

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaStroker View Post
    Fatigue, lack of focus, and old muscle memory. lol. It happens to all of us when trying to learn a new technique, or rather unlearn an old technique. It takes lots of focused practice to change an old behavior for a new one. Hang in there, work hard, focus on every shot and soon you will beat your old habit. Remember a bad day bowling beats a good day at work. lol
    lol..yeah...I guess that just about explains everything. My arms just doesn't have that much energy anymore. Ended up not playing the rest of the game. Good thing, we have somebody to replace me.

Chats: 0

Next time you practice, and after you throw a few warm-up shots, on the next shot try to focus on your hand staying behind your ball. Don't worry about where the ball is going yet , just focus as though you are watching your hand all the way thru your back swing. Feel your hand staying behind the ball for several shots then go back to focusing on your target. As Georgia Stroker stated, just relax and it will come back to you. Practice is your best friend. Relax, focus and it will come back.

Bob

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

See the thread Bowl1820 posted with the Ron Clifton video. The drill there should help to prevent it from happening again.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 36

When that happens to me, it is usally because my tempo is off. Nothing will mess with your release like poor timing. When I find my release has gone awry I work on my tempo. This may sound strange, but I have a song that I sing to myself that is just right for my tempo and I try to keep time with it...

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

@billf..what video?

@guys, next time i will focus on my hand stayin begind the ball.. i guess thats the problem.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by atty_hen05 View Post
    @billf..what video?

@guys, next time i will focus on my hand stayin begind the ball.. i guess thats the problem.
    Here's a link to the thread.

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...out-early-turn

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Wow...thanks a lot..I'm excited to watch this video

WOW! I'm so glad I found this video!

I had a session with a pro about a week and a half ago, and afterwards I was bowling better than I have in years. Then yesterday, my wife and I went to do some practicing at the local lanes, and it was like I had completely forgotten everything I had learned...... the ball had no hook, wasn't rolling strong, and (worst of all) my full-roller was back. For the life of me, I couldn't figure it out no matter what I tried. After watching this vid and doing a few mock back swings at my desk, I'll be damned if this wasn't my problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast