Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowling Ball Cleaning and Maintenance

Should I be using a USBC approved bowling ball cleaner on my reactive resin patio chairs also?
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Only if you plan on rolling your chairs down the lane.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 0

Last year I pick up a tip that has worked well for me during the season. Before I bowl I use a "Mr Clean" eraser with alcohol. If you think it doesn't clean the ball try it once and you'll be amazed. The amount of dirt and oil that will come off of the ball is crazy. Just dry it off with a towel and you're good to go. I also use a Brunswick cleaner and polish once every few weeks, but for the average nite just a quick cleaning works well. AND, it's a lot cheaper than the company ball cleaners available.

By the way, I keep the alcohol and Mr Clean sponge in a zip lock bag and keep it in my tool bag all the time. I bought a small container for the alcohol so I don't have to carry the full bottle around.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Tampabaybob View Post
    Last year I pick up a tip that has worked well for me during the season. Before I bowl I use a "Mr Clean" eraser with alcohol. If you think it doesn't clean the ball try it once and you'll be amazed. The amount of dirt and oil that will come off of the ball is crazy. Just dry it off with a towel and you're good to go. I also use a Brunswick cleaner and polish once every few weeks, but for the average nite just a quick cleaning works well. AND, it's a lot cheaper than the company ball cleaners available.

By the way, I keep the alcohol and Mr Clean sponge in a zip lock bag and keep it in my tool bag all the time. I bought a small container for the alcohol so I don't have to carry the full bottle around.

Bob
    That sounds like a good idea, i know the magic erasers take permantent marker off the wall that my daughter drew on there lol

Chats: 25

Heh, I see Windex made the list of approved cleaners. I just used that on my current ball over the weekend when I noticed it was looking quite dull and dingy. I hadn't cleaned it in YEARS. Yet another use for Windex!

Banned
    Chats: 100

What's the best polish that's not expensive?

I like the Storm Reacta Shine, it pretty cheap.

So when I'm done bowling for the night, is it best to use an approved cleaner before packing up my ball?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK View Post
    So when I'm done bowling for the night, is it best to use an approved cleaner before packing up my ball?
    YES! The less time you leave oil on the ball surface. The less that will get absorbed into the cover, plus it will keep the inside of your bag cleaner.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Thanks for the reply to my question! I'm a first time bowler and ball owner; so I want to make sure that I take care of my equipment and have it last me for many years to come.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast