Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowling Ball Cleaning and Maintenance

Chats: 23

if you use clean n dull on a polished ball, would it remove the shine form it?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloPD View Post
    if you use clean n dull on a polished ball, would it remove the shine form it?
    No the name is misleading, it doesn't "dull" a ball.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Would it be best (or is it necessary) to have a see saw, even if I already use a micro fiber towel and an approved cleaner?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK View Post
    Would it be best (or is it necessary) to have a see saw, even if I already use a micro fiber towel and an approved cleaner?
    I'd say that's kind of personal preference. I think just a towel is fine, you can get a little more pressure on the ball with it.

But I've seen guys with seesaws, spray the ball then seesaw it. You can put a microfiber towel in the seesaw and do it. They also have seesaws with microfiber linings.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

with a polished ball, wich is better, clean n dull or energizer by powerhouse. i have both of them, i just want to know which one can clean the ball better

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

with a polished ball, wich is better, clean n dull or energizer by powerhouse. i have both of them, i just want to know which one can clean the ball better
    Make use of both

Energizer is a spray and better suited for use at the alley, Clean'N Dull is a Gel and better used at home.

Clean'N Dull is the strongest of the two and Most use it as a once a week deep cleaner.

I use Tac-Up spray cleaner at the lanes and Clean'N Dull at home to help draw out the oil.

okay thanks for the help! energizer spray has melted the bottle cap, is that normal?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

okay thanks for the help! energizer spray has melted the bottle cap, is that normal?
    NO. energizer is just a simple citrus cleaner, it wouldn't melt plastic.

Thanks bowl1820 on the answer to my question regarding the use of a see saw; definitely appreciated! I was wondering if a person uses cleaner in a see saw, is there any reaction to the inserts from the cleaner? Thanks for answering all my newbie questions; I just want to make sure that I take the best care of my equipment.

Chats: 1

I wrote to both Hammer and Ebonite, I know Ebonite owns Hammer, and got two replies from different staff members saying I should use the hottest water I could out of the tap. In the first post of this thread it says to use "warm water". I don't pretend to know which is right but thought I'd mention it.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast