Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Bowling Ball Cleaning and Maintenance

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Hopefully you mentioned to your coach that it is illegal to sand just a portion of the ball.
    Actually I did his opinion was that since you were only lightly hitting the ball with a pad that the rule didn't apply. I'm not sure that I agree and wouldn't want to risk it before a competition. Older Senior PBA bowler has a tendency to do things his way. lol
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Theoretically it could make the static weights illegal.

Back in the Urethane early Reactive days, there was supposed to be a few cases where some balls. Drilled close to the limits on static weights, had absorbed enough oil to push it over the limit.

I never personally seen one, just read about it a long time ago.
    Interesting would think you would see more of this now since modern balls soak up so much more oil the Urethane did.

Current arsenal

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Interesting would think you would see more of this now since modern balls soak up so much more oil the Urethane did.
    It may vary well be happening, unless you went to the trouble to check (sweating a ball reweighting etc.) a ball that was legal that was then declared illegal. To see if it was oil absorbed that did it, you wouldn't know.

Most would just chalk it up to someone mis weighing to begin with.

Like I said I heard that years ago and its never came up anywhere that Ive heard of. Plus a ball would have to be right on the edge for it to matter if it did happen.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

The main thing is just clean the whole ball.

Your not saving enough time or money to make it worth while, doling out cleaner with a eyedropper and just wiping the track with a Qtip. LoL

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    The main thing is just clean the whole ball.

Your not saving enough time or money to make it worth while, doling out cleaner with a eyedropper and just wiping the track with a Qtip. LoL
    Very true lol

Current arsenal

Fair enough, whole ball it is!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910