Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was your first real league?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

AMF Shirley, NY. I was 19. I did 2 leagues there, then basically didn't pick up a ball again for 13 years. Joined cause I wanted something fun to do with my best friend, started out just terrible, but I finished well. I even got a trophy for most improved. Wish I stuck with it, and didn't stop for such a long time.

Chats: 0

I retired recently and took up bowling to have something to do. My local alley has free bowling for seniors on Monday, no taps on Wednesday and a senior league on Friday. I joined the senior league because they're all nice folks. I guess we're doing O.K. since we're a small suburb of Houston and we have 21 four person teams signed up. This is a sanctioned league.

I started on the begineer leagues and as my average kept raising and we kept winning the leagues I started to get bored and irritated with the drama! I was ready last year but stayed with my team until they were also ready to move up, We did a doubles league over the summer and we ended up with 33.5 wins. we placed second in total wins so i was very pleased with how we performed. I noticed a big change in how i bowled by moving to a real league and felt more confident in my partner and myself. But the real test will be this coming up season when the "good Bowlers" return.

Started on leauge when I was 5 bowling bumpers lol. And back then the bumpers were like inflatable tubes they blew up and stuck in the gutter. Bowled league every year and when i was old enough participated in every state tournament that was during the summer. When i was 16 i joined the high school bowling team and bowled my 9th and 10th grade years. Lost interest in playing after that and was more concerned with running around with friends and getting in trouble. Now im 28 and have a family and started to miss it, and is why i have found this great place to get back up with the times and start competing again.

Chats: 23

My first league was back in the Philippines when i was 11, i played with my mom in the doubles league and we finished 1st place. I remember i was the youngest on that league. then i stopped bowling when i moved here in the states when i was 12. and now my first league here will start on tuesday, and im very excited to play.

My first was The Juniors league, started when i was about 5-6 and stayed with it till i was 17-18. Pretty much when my mom said it was now my choice and the rules they was giving in the league was getting way to strict.

We had different shirts for each age group Red shirts 5-8, Green shirts 8-11, yellow shirts 11-15, blue shirts 15-18 ( think that how it went)

Chats: 723

I'm Still in my first League!

I Started bowling in the YBC at Markham bowl on Saturday mornings 5 years ago, since then i have had to take some time off with an ankle injury but now i'm back as one of the oldest bowlers in the league. up until this year we have had at most 10-12 bowlers in any given year, but this year things got kind of crazy! there are 15 new 8-12 years old's that haven't bowled before.

Chats: 1

Started YABA when I was 7 around 1984 or so, did that 'til about 16-17, burnt out 'til about now.. I tried a couple mens leagues over the years, but never could keep it up.

Bowler

My first was a juniors league at Vero Bowl when I was 13

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I started by regularly bowling in jackpot and rock n bowl for awhile then went to a league.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12