Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for advice!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

There is always enough time even if you have to wait until after the league starts. ***WARNING*** The DV8 Hell Raiser Revenge is the most aggressive, heavy oil ball on the market. Don't be surprised if you have to stand all the way left and throw it across the 4th or even 5th arrow. If there is enough oil, it doesn't matter how far out you throw it, IT WILL COME BACK.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloPD View Post
    I'm probably going to get a DV8 hellraiser revenge, heard alot of good reviews and saw tons of videos. The league i joined will start in two weeks, you guys think i have enough time to practice with the DV8?
    if thats what you really want to do then yea...like bill said see what kind of oil your going to be getting in the league and the DV8 is an absolute monster. i say have it as back up it doesnt hurt to have to different balls if your going to get serious about bowling. If you want to practice with it figure about a week to get it drilled unless your pro-shop has it in stock and can punch it up for you all in one day then you would have almost a full 2 weeks.

Chats: 23

I got my freeze hybrid from my pro-shop for $139 with drilling and finger inserts + 2 free game. you think thats a good deal? i saw my current ball selling in bowlingball.com for $90.

Bill, i'll probably just practice my cup and uncup first before i get another ball. Need to inrease my revs a little bit.

i will post another video the next time i bowl. thanks guys

Chats: 2

That price is good for the freeze hybrid. Most shop owners will charge $50 plus for drilling and inserts. The 2 games is a nice bonus.
    Bowling - it's easy when you understand all the physics beneath the surface.
    High game - 300
    High league game - 290 x3
    High series - 802

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

It amazes me that no one has said this yet, but you are putting the ball down on the approach!!! There is no oil on a lane for typically one foot on a bowling lane. That means that you are putting it down about 16" before the oil starts. This is going to ruin your down lane hook, and pin carry. It will also cause the ball to change directions immediately after you let it go! Put a towel on the foul line and then throw shots over the top of the towel. That will make a HUGE difference in your ball reaction, rev rate, and scores. As a couple people have mentioned, the ball is probably a bit heavy for you. That will cause you to drop it early and lose revs. Part of your revs will come from pushing the ball off your thumb before your fingers come out, and the other part will come from lift created by your fingers. I would try the towel trick, if you aren't capable of throwing the ball over the towel, then I would buy a lighter ball. Although, a lot of balls don't have a weight block below 14lbs, so be careful what you choose. If you are able to get over the towel, then the Freeze Hybrid is a very good ball to start with. I wouldn't waste money on a new ball until you work on your game. Best of luck!
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member
    Bowling Center Manager/Pro Shop Operator/Bowling Coach

Quote Originally Posted by DanielMareina View Post
    It amazes me that no one has said this yet, but you are putting the ball down on the approach!!! There is no oil on a lane for typically one foot on a bowling lane. That means that you are putting it down about 16" before the oil starts. This is going to ruin your down lane hook, and pin carry. It will also cause the ball to change directions immediately after you let it go! Put a towel on the foul line and then throw shots over the top of the towel. That will make a HUGE difference in your ball reaction, rev rate, and scores. As a couple people have mentioned, the ball is probably a bit heavy for you. That will cause you to drop it early and lose revs. Part of your revs will come from pushing the ball off your thumb before your fingers come out, and the other part will come from lift created by your fingers. I would try the towel trick, if you aren't capable of throwing the ball over the towel, then I would buy a lighter ball. Although, a lot of balls don't have a weight block below 14lbs, so be careful what you choose. If you are able to get over the towel, then the Freeze Hybrid is a very good ball to start with. I wouldn't waste money on a new ball until you work on your game. Best of luck!
    i couldnt really tell but i thought he was dropping on the foul line but wasnt sure....i get alot of luck with drops lol

Here's an update video, average of 165+. i started at 20th board and targeted the 2nd arrow. any additional advise would be greatly appreciated

Sorry for the quality of the video, used my moms point and shoot so it can be mounted on a tripod

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Tuck your elbow in closer to your body in your stance. This will help a bit more with accuracy. Wish I could see you bowl in person.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

I can't seem to do the cup and uncup method, it's always cup and release. any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloPD View Post
    I can't seem to do the cup and uncup method, it's always cup and release. any suggestions?
    the cup un-cup method isn't a must its just something some bowlers do it comes down whats comfortable to you and how you release the ball http://youtu.be/8S8n9CGjBwY this was posted in the video section also by bowl1890 check it out
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast