Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shoes do they really matter?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by tccstudent View Post
    We had a guy in one of my league who would just pour powder on the floor and step in it right before he got up on the approach. He got chewed out and was forced to quit doing that after someone got hurt after slipping on the approach.
    Yes, that would be a example of someone using it improperly And why they really started enforcing the rule.

While cigarette ashes are a foreign substance I have been told they do not alter the approaches.
    Even cigarette ashes, if you get enough of them built up on the approach can affect someones slide.

In my experience most people don't brush the powder into their soles and are therefore using the powder illegally
    Yes most people overuse and/or don't use slide powders properly. That's what causes problems.

One thing to note using easy slide is not technically illegal, it's the getting it on the approach that is illegal. (Unless you have a league/tournament rule banning it all together.)

About the only time I use powder is if I step in something wet to quickly dry them out
    That's why every one needs shoe covers, they are cheap and save on a whole lot of headaches.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    That's why every one needs shoe covers, they are cheap and save on a whole lot of headaches.
    I wear size 16 so most dont fit and I really dont like them Yes my shoes came with a pair but that was over 6 years ago and I dont have a clue where they are
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by tccstudent View Post
    Doing this gets powder on the approach and affects the other bowlers and this is not legal to do. What you can do is use cigarette ashes (old skool) this works as good as powder but does not affect the other bowlers or soapstone
    I meant what Bowl1820 described. You get a wet spot…you slap some ultra glide powder on the sole and rub it in. rub you shoe a bit. Then you're golden. Pouring anything on the approach I would think, if not completely illegal, would be greatly frowned upon.

Chats: 0

I have these there very comfortable and about $50

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/...ht-handed.html
    Ball Arsenal:

DV8 Misfit Pearl 14Lbs

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

I bowled my first two years in sandals! (open toed sandals), had some great games, and series,,, 298, 290 even a 700 plus. I have a doctors excuse, neuropathy. Iceman did alright without shoes! I can now wear them, a little uncomfortable, but I wear them just to keep everyone happy, and not looking at my fricken feet!

ARE SHOES IMPORTANT,,, to mere mortals I imagine so!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 12-18-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

Oooo...the great IceGod got sucked into a zombie thread!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123