Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoes do they really matter?

Default Shoes do they really matter?

do the type of shoes you use actually make a difference? I am on the market for new shoes and to tell you the truth I don't keep mine in the best of conditions. And what shoe should I get?
    Last edited by bowl1820; 08-25-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: more imformative title

Chats: 0

I just got a pair of dexter's - Jason III they were like 30 40 bucks and they look pretty stylish and are really comfortable.. I suggest because of the price and you said you dont keep em in the best condition..

Chats: 11
    Style: Stroker
    In the bag: C300 Wicked Encounter, C300 Freeze, Hammer Arson Hybrid, Hammer Cobalt Vibe, and Brunswick T Zone

PAP 4.25 over x .25 up

High Series: 716
    High Game: 273

Chats: 0

Oh my goodness those green ones are so loud! haha I kinda dig the looks of the black and white ones though..

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by itstyler View Post
    do the type of shoes you use actually make a difference?
    They can.
    Shoes with a slide sole on one shoe and a traction sole on the other. The traction sole improves your power step (the next-to-last step) which adds to your body's momentum. Which gives your swing more impetus and thus improves leverage.

I am on the market for new shoes and to tell you the truth I don't keep mine in the best of conditions. And what shoe should I get?
    Look for shoes that have a slide sole and a traction sole. (They don't have to be the ones with interchangable soles)

here's a example someone posted in another thread.
    http://www.bowling.com/products/lind...right-hand.htm

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 11

there loud but I likes them
    Style: Stroker
    In the bag: C300 Wicked Encounter, C300 Freeze, Hammer Arson Hybrid, Hammer Cobalt Vibe, and Brunswick T Zone

PAP 4.25 over x .25 up

High Series: 716
    High Game: 273

They are nice if you are right handed!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums.

Or maybe it is time to change your style to right handed??

I've been looking to get shoes too. I have been just borrowing. Had no idea that there were left handed and right handed shoes.

Thank you bowl1820 i will keep that in mind. any kind you really recommend. and what is the difference between 50 dollar and 100 dollar shoes?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by itstyler View Post
    Thank you bowl1820 i will keep that in mind. any kind you really recommend. and what is the difference between 50 dollar and 100 dollar shoes?
    Dexters and Etonics are good, as for a particular model I cant say. I'm using Dexter SST 7's myself, if I had to replace them I think I'd go to the SST 8's.
    I liked the Dexters back when I first got them, because they were a little wider and I felt more stable.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast