Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temporary USBC

Chats: 0

Default Temporary USBC

Hi all I filled out a temporary USBC card for my sanctioned league I joined. If I became a full member will it have all my achievements and carry my average? or do I need to become a full member during the season. Sorry if this is a noob question just confused about the membership.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

The actual card that you will receive in the mail will only have your name and USBC ID number on it. As the league sends in achievement updates and your average at the end of the season then the USBC website (www.bowl.com) will list them there. The temporary ID is a full membership. The paper card is just until the actual card arrives.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 0

ah sweet thanks a lot

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    The actual card that you will receive in the mail will only have your name and USBC ID number on it. As the league sends in achievement updates and your average at the end of the season then the USBC website (www.bowl.com) will list them there. The temporary ID is a full membership. The paper card is just until the actual card arrives.
    Any idea how long that process usually takes? My league (if you call it that) started July 19th, and I've seen nothing in the mail from USBC.

Supposedly USBC has some form of Welcome program that allows members to purchase a low end resin ball for a significant discount.

http://www.bowl.com/welcome

I'm waiting on the digits that allow me the discount before buying a ball. Meanwhile I'm still using my White Dot and I've come to the conclusion that it is directly related to my high frequency of 10 pin leaves.

You should get it about half way through the season, lol.
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Blog Entries

Time frame depends on how long your local association takes to fill out and send their stuff in. Usually it's 4-6 weeks after it reaches the USBC but I have seen it take a lot longer.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Blog Entries

You can go to www.bowl.com, find a member, enter your name and see if you're in the database yet. I don't know your association name or I would look for you. There are a ton of Michael White's in California bowling lol
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    You can go to www.bowl.com, find a member, enter your name and see if you're in the database yet. I don't know your association name or I would look for you. There are a ton of Michael White's in California bowling lol
    At 200 lbs (average guess) that would only require 10 of us. Lets go with tons of Michael Whites and include the Mike Whites as well.

I'm listed 1560-11073 but haven't received anything yet. So I'll bite the bullet and buy a mid level ball tomorrow.

Banned

It looks like it took a month to get to USBC, considering the league is only 10 weeks long, it will be over before the card arrives. The next league(s) will start before it arrives. I predict that will be another hassle.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    It looks like it took a month to get to USBC, considering the league is only 10 weeks long, it will be over before the card arrives. The next league(s) will start before it arrives. I predict that will be another hassle.
    It seems that lately USBC has had a lot of problems getting the cards out in a timely manner. Sometimes the problem is with the league secretary not sending thing out promptly or the local association sitting on the paperwork for awhile. Just hang on to your temp card and roll with the punches.
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast