Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to use as average?

My league starts at 6:30pm. I'm doing the mixed league, Foul Play league. We have 31 teams so far.

Not sure what kind of ball I'm getting. They just said if it's our first PBA league we get a free ball and lesson but didn't mention what kind of balls we could choose from.

My main problem is that this league is long as hell. It's going until May and I honestly don't know if I'm going to be around that long.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by Greenday View Post
    Not sure what kind of ball I'm getting. They just said if it's our first PBA league we get a free ball and lesson but didn't mention what kind of balls we could choose from.
    I'm sure it depends on the cost. Lower priced leagues go with lower priced balls. Probably won't happen until the end of the season anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Greenday View Post
    My main problem is that this league is long as hell. It's going until May and I honestly don't know if I'm going to be around that long.
    36 week season, normal. Why sign up and commit to it if you didn't think you would be around? Where are you going? That's why the ball won't be given until the season ends.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Well, they need someone in the mean time so I can bowl with them.

Where will I be? I don't know. I have no job right now and all the ones I've applied for aren't in New Jersey where I live now.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

At least you have a real reason (work) and not just one of the BS excuses I've heard over the years.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Last night was our first night. The couple my friend and I are older (probably around 60) but they are very friendly. Much better improvement over our summer league partner. Shot a 173, a 184 and a 143. Missed a couple of ten pins in that last game. I was kind of happy with my first two games but I know I can bowl better than that. With four man teams, it takes a lot longer than I'm used and I prefer a faster pace. So, my starting average is a 166.7. Stupid third game.

Cranker
    Chats: 7

@Greenday-If you don't plan on playing the full season,then you should quit. By staying and then quitting hurts your team,because they or league will have to find a player to fill your spot which is not fair to the team. I know,I had a team and for whatever reason the guy up & quit without notifing us or the league 1/4 way thru and we were forced(League rules)to use 150 avg which hurt us,cause we could have used a bowler who may or may not have bowled higher score. It took 2 months to find someone by then it was to late to catch everyone.

BTW-Winter leagues are 36 weeks and summer are usually 15-25 weeks.

Zothen

I've already mentioned it to my team and they had no problems with it. It's just a for fun league. 99% of the people in it are just there to have a good time. And if I do get my job that I'm hoping for, I'll be able to give them a few weeks notice.

Had the third highest game last week. 265

If I didn't bowl so badly the first game, I would have been in the top three for series. Bumped my average up 12 pins to 177. Can't wait for this Thursday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12