Thread: Looking for good West Houston area ProShop (Soapbox coming out)

Chats: 0

Default Looking for good West Houston area ProShop (Soapbox coming out)

After deciding (ordered to) return to league bowling, I thought it would be prudent to stop by my favorite pro shop. But it is not there anymore nor is the bowling center open. All kinds of frosty I am, and living in Houston, TX, that is saying something. The driller of all my balls is the same guy that owns/owned the pro shop. Irk#1 The shop is closed-no more Fred to drill a new ball. His cell phone is dis-connected, irk#2 ARRGH!!!!! (deep breath, exhale!!)

Okay, descending from soapbox. Here's my question to you all.
    Do you have a Pro Shop you exclusively go to? or is it the driller, that one person that drills your ball the way you like it??
    For me it was the driller, I followed this guy to three houses, just because I valued his opinion, vast knowledge of bowling techniques and he was a great driller.

Oh! if any of you all are in the West Houston area, any recommends on the Pro Shop/Driller you trust.

Mods: Please move to "Pro Shop" thread
    Last edited by bowl1820; 09-01-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

We've tried a couple of others, but the guy closest to us, in the house we're back bowling in again, seems to have the best fit and he stands by his work.

Chats: 891

the pro shop that use to be in my home town closed soo i had to go find another proshop and after i went there to get a new ball and see how he dose it he did it much better then the one guy in my home town and know i go out there i have already gotten 4 new balls drilled this year and im going to get a few more soon but the balls im going to be getting are abit older but they are nice he theory and critical theory i want them soo i need to get them before they are all out but the 3rd ball will be the storm frantic (newer but good) then maby some mroe in the future probly.

im also thinking of the ebonite mission x looks nice going down the lanes and the colors on it looks much nicer.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

i have 2 drillers (one 15 mins away and one 45 mins away) both have drilled balls that felt good on my hand and that i have shot 300 with and they seem to know alot about the game. the most recent drilling i had done was Wednesday and the ball feels phenomenal ...he also did something different which i liked ...he turned on a lane told me to throw some shots so he could see my track he then took the ball drew a line around the track and placed a piece of tape on my ball (i believe its all apart of finding out the rev rate & what not) i threw a couple more and he said ok were good ...when i got it i shot 239 the 721 just yesterday night with it so i think he's going to be my main guy from now on
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I have been to several pro shops and still looking for that elite driller. Tomorrow I will be with the driller and making sure he lays out my ball EXACTLY how I want it. He seems to be a nice enough guy but he couldn't even tell me my PAP after drilling six balls for me earlier this year. The fit is phenomenal though. So I'm hoping that we can combine his ability to get a wonderful fit with the knowledge I have gained through others on laying out a ball to maximize what I want from it.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 36

I go to the same guy for all of my pro-shop needs. He has a milling machine that he drills with and it does oval holes perfectly. He has drilled 6 balls for me and every one of them feels the same. If I were to be blindfolded (which, by the way, is the way it seems that I bowl much of the time), I could not tell my bowling balls apart by feel. Fortunately, Jules is young enough that I doubt he will want to retire any time soon....

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.