Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New youth bowler

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    And anybody can take the level 1 classes on-line and become a member of RVP (Registered Volunteer Program). One of my worries is I'm the only volunteer registered in my county. That's a lot of kids for one person.
    How did you find out? I just tried looking for registered volunteers in CT and had to go town by town. Most towns that I tried either had no volunteers, or only one or two. On the other hand Milford has six.
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I went to bowl.com and typed in the zip codes. I know it's odd but I have this weird thing about remembering numbers.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries

Just checked again. This time it wanted city and state. Same results. This is a rural area so there are only 6 towns in the county plus some real small townships.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Bowling Guru

I went to bowl.com and typed in the zip codes. I know it's odd but I have this weird thing about remembering numbers.
    Everybody's brain is wired differently. From what you've posted about always doing well in math and physics I'm not surprised that you remember numbers. Unfortunately, I find it very easy to remember trivia and forget the important stuff like where did I leave the tool that I was just using.
    John

Blog Entries

John, I can't tell you how many time I've climbed off of an engine, walked to my toolbox just to stand there trying to remember what I wanted. I don't understand how my short term can be so bad but I can recall a conversation word for word from ten years ago.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Bowling Guru

Bill, lately I've been going to get something out of my truck, think of something else I should do while there or bring back as well, and get halfway back to where I'm working without the tool I started out after.
    John

Well my son has bowled 2 Saturdays now and has about a 100 average. He asked if we could go practice today and he bowled 100 then 107 I gave him a couple of things to think about on his 3rd game and the kid actually listened and belted out a 173. The guy working the counter today happened to be the youth coach and he got to see it and was as excited as I was. My son was strutting around like he owned the place. I think I have made a new lifelong bowler.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Storm Modern Marvel
    Radical Time's Up
    Storm Black Ice

Blog Entries

That's awesome. I'm surprised, as a parent, the your son actually listened to you lol
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

That's awesome. I'm surprised, as a parent, the your son actually listened to you lol
    I know Bill, my dad was stupid until I turned 20 or so then he became one of the smartest men I knew. Lol
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Storm Modern Marvel
    Radical Time's Up
    Storm Black Ice

Blog Entries

I can't tell you how many parents have come to me the first two weeks asking me to help their kids and invariably they say, "they just won't listen to me." I know what they mean and I know they mean well but I have seen some of these parents bowl and it's a good thing the kids are not listening to that advice lol
    One of our areas better bowlers has two girls on the high school team that are good. I met his 12 year old son. This kid has all the natural talent in the world. I haven't seen many adults with the speed and revs this boy has. It should be a blast watching him bowl the next few years. Then there is this 11 year old red haired girl. She is a trip. Very friendly, out going girl with the red head temper. I bet a buddy she would roll a 300 during high school. She is very slight and her ball speed is currently low. The rotation, tilt and accuracy are wonderful though. She asked her mother if she could stay later next week so I could work on spare shooting with her. Her dad bowled a 300 against me last year. I bowled a 279 that game, blind. She wants me to help her because as she says, I'm a perfectionist like her (and a red head) and I'm not to hold back and be nice just because she is young. This girl is uber competive and has such desire to be great.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12