Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lining up your shot

Default Lining up your shot

I line my feet up at 28 and I'm aiming for 13 on the lane, should my toe point at 13? And should I still end up at 28 on the foul line? Thanks

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Al19067 View Post
    I line my feet up at 28 and I'm aiming for 13 on the lane, should my toe point at 13? And should I still end up at 28 on the foul line? Thanks
    In a perfect world, yes, if you could end up on the same board, you start on that would be perfect. Most bowlers will drift a little left but most will drift right. If you can stay within 1 to 5 boards thats very good and will increase your ability to keep a straight swing plane.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Tampabaybob View Post
    In a perfect world, yes, if you could end up on the same board, you start on that would be perfect. Most bowlers will drift a little left but most will drift right. If you can stay within 1 to 5 boards thats very good and will increase your ability to keep a straight swing plane.

Bob
    th
    Thanks, now do I square up toward my target?, i just find it hard, I guess u have to walk straight with your feet slightly angled

Yes, square up to your target. Crankers will usually walk more to the left on the approach. If you're a stroker or a twiner, a straighter walking pattern will definitely help. Think of it the=s way.....if you start on 25, say, and end on 25, when you make a 2 board adjustment to your left ( if the ball is hitting high) then you know when you finish sliding that you should be on 27, right ? If you drift 5 boards consistently, even when you make a 2 board adjustment, and still end up two boards to the left of your last shot, thats ok, because you're at least being consistent and not walking wildly across the approach. Are you a cranker or do you shoot straight up the boards?

Bob

Yes, square up to your target. Crankers will usually walk more to the left on the approach. If you're a stroker or a twiner, a straighter walking pattern will definitely help. Think of it the=s way.....if you start on 25, say, and end on 25, when you make a 2 board adjustment to your left ( if the ball is hitting high) then you know when you finish sliding that you should be on 27, right ? If you drift 5 boards consistently, even when you make a 2 board adjustment, and still end up two boards to the left of your last shot, thats ok, because you're at least being consistent and not walking wildly across the approach. Are you a cranker or do you shoot straight up the boards?

Bob
    I'm a cranker, I'm just stuck on how am I supposed to walk straight if my feet are angled?

Ok, most of the crankers I bowl with ( and one kicked my *** last night !), will end up at the line with their foot pointed toward their target AND their shoulders open at the line. This position at the line is needed to be able to project the ball out to your breakpoint. A stroker doesn't have to do that and straighter is better. So in answer to your question, yes keep your toe pointed to your target, your shoulders open at the line and that should help increase your accuracy. Again, if you can end up on the same board great, but a small drift with your feet ( if consistent) isn't a big problem. If and when you go on tour and your doing it for a living, (LOL), then you can start worrying about ending EXACTLY on the same board.

Bob

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Most bowlers will drift a little left but most will drift right.

Bob
    Huh?? I'm glad Al19067 understood you
    John

Sorry, John. Most "CRANKERS" will drift left and most strokers will drift right.

Bob

Ok, most of the crankers I bowl with ( and one kicked my *** last night !), will end up at the line with their foot pointed toward their target AND their shoulders open at the line. This position at the line is needed to be able to project the ball out to your breakpoint. A stroker doesn't have to do that and straighter is better. So in answer to your question, yes keep your toe pointed to your target, your shoulders open at the line and that should help increase your accuracy. Again, if you can end up on the same board great, but a small drift with your feet ( if consistent) isn't a big problem. If and when you go on tour and your doing it for a living, (LOL), then you can start worrying about ending EXACTLY on the same board.

Bob
    Sorry even tho I've been bowling for a while there is still a lot new to me, I use to just stand left and pick a target to the right lol

Quote Originally Posted by Al19067 View Post
    Sorry even tho I've been bowling for a while there is still a lot new to me, I use to just stand left and pick a target to the right lol
    what have you been averaging in your leagues ??
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast