Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouch

Chats: 0

Default Ouch

OUCHY! haha oh my just got done with a night of league play and ouch! double ouch! .. last week before league I seen the lanes being oiled I bowled just fine. They also oiled em tonight and wow I couldn't find a spot to attack from. I dunno what the f happen... On house patterns, can the operator "tinker" with the pattern to make it new or "his own"..? What do you all do when you cant seem to find a point of attack?

I kept my kool and had a smile on my face the whole time cause thats me, I find a positive attitude is a big part of my game I always stay happy or "cool" But wow those lanes were Oily !! One of my teammate was still using Virtual gravity nano in the 3rd game, while i'm left in the oil with my Quantum Hook.. =\ .. I just bout a frantic to replace it, I also will be getting a hand me down from a buddy for heavy oil which would of came in help tonight.. lol

I'm guessing it could have been a different pattern you aren't used to, or they just put down more than the previous week. I always try as many patterns as I can to read.

Yea I'm guessing more then last week .. I'm gonna be getting a track 920a for med to heavy oil hopefully that rips through the oil.

I figured on house patters if I aimed for a board less then 12 I would stay in the lighter oil.. It was lighter on the outside, but not by much.. lol

I'm gonna go try my frantic out today, I'v had enough of this quantum, It was a great ball while she lasted but i'm giving her a special place in the closet.
    Last edited by snugbucco; 08-31-2012 at 07:16 AM.

That couldnt hurt. Just stay positive and have fun, hope you do better

Chats: 891

well if u want something thay will work great in heavy oil then you should get the critical theory has nice midlane read and snaps on the backend nicly.

but the 920a i have been told that its inconstiant but i have seen better ratings about the 912t and the 912t has been out for way less time.

but goodluck hope you find a line on that kind of oil
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Quote Originally Posted by striker12 View Post
    well if u want something thay will work great in heavy oil then you should get the critical theory has nice midlane read and snaps on the backend nicly.

but the 920a i have been told that its inconstiant but i have seen better ratings about the 912t and the 912t has been out for way less time.

but goodluck hope you find a line on that kind of oil
    That sounds about perfect! I will look into it. thanks man.

Chats: 891

not a problem im planning on getting the theory and th critical theory soon once i get some money but before them im getting the frantic.

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

My Monday league had a similar problem two weeks ago. First week for this season. The normal ringers were even struggling and nobody knew why. The mechanic came in on Tuesday (as he does every week, sub-contractor) and looked at the lane conditioner. His first question; How long has the squeegee been stuck above the oil rail? (or something similar)
    Turns out the lanes weren't getting stripped or wiped. The oil was from the 8L to 8R and 60 feet long, dropped in puddles with zero consistency. I was curious how I was able to use the Nexxus for all three games. Too bad I din't bring either Revenge with me.
    **The Critical Theory is a good ball but is by no means a big hook monster in heavy oil when compared to other balls. Even by the same company; the Defiant makes the Critical Theory look like a toddler.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Thats one hell of a pattern Bill lol

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by snugbucco View Post
    On house patterns, can the operator "tinker" with the pattern to make it new or "his own"..?
    The owner of our center is always tinkering with the oiling machine trying different
    patterns out he comes up with. He always keeps them within USBC approved lane
    specs but now for the fall leagues he is putting out a modified shot he calls mod 2
    or a mixture of the Red, White, Blue oiling patterns on dial number 2 on the oiling
    machine and it is a real trip to bowl on and maybe bring those 220 - 230+ average
    THS bowlers back down to reality.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast