Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Sawhead here

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default New Sawhead here

Well after bowling for 35 of my 43yrs I wanted to try something different in a weight block.
    My first SAW was is a Gently used G-Force. All I could say was OMG where has this kind of hit been.
    I was so excited I sold my Black widow pearl and Black widow Bite.
    I then bought a Supernova XP and a Retro THS. My problem is I hit the pocket to hard so I polished up my equipment and am still struggling with consistency. My normal shot is around 15 to 20 out to 7 or 8.

I have had better luck playing straighter with other equipment (12 to 5) but nothing hits harder than a Buzzsaw.
    NOTHING. So I want to continue experimenting with different Abralon Pads and polish but if anyone has a good baseline for Med conditions let me know.

Anyway anyone want to help a new Sawhead out please let me know. I'll add pic of my layouts later.
    I also have issue with the Hammer slogan that says nothing hits harder than a Hammer. Obviously they never used a SAW!

Thanks,

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Great write up on Sawhead, do you need a picture of it? I can get one here for you?
    Go Broncos!

sawheads in the house!!! i absolutely love lane #1 equipment. i have thrown other companies with good success, however when i tried my first saw, hybrid dirty bomb, first game out of the box,289. then, i went 267, 246, i packed up every thing and left. the next day i either sold or gave away the 4 other balls i had. i was sold. uranium pearl, and another hybrid dirty bomb were my next saws in 60 days. now, i have, in 3 years time , accumulated 14 buzzsaws, all of them do something different, it is just amazing. with the new agent orange and chainsaw comming out, i may add 2 more saws to the arsenal.
    Last edited by djbigsmooth; 11-09-2008 at 07:57 PM.
    bowls: right handed, average: 208 and rising, style: tweener
    ball company: Lane #1
    rev rate: 385 rpm

breakin' sucka's jaws with my saws

Lane #1 baby.......on the grind

U.S.B.C. CERTIFIED COACH

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Wow a 289 out of the box! That is great. I may have to try one out myself. What weight do you throw?
    Go Broncos!

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Hey everyone......
    I just joined today and am a "bro" of djbigsmooth.........Yeah I know.....another SAWhead?
    We love the brand and love the "cult" following that Lane #1 has established over the years, although
    buzzsaws are slowly becoming more......dare I say....."mainstream" ????

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA. Have been bowling for 24 years now, own my own Pro Shop, and
    have been drilling balls now for almost 13 years.

I became a SAWhead in late 2007 mainly because I needed a change from all the other manufacturers,
    and truly have not looked back since. I currently own 11 SAWS, most of which I bought new, so I've been
    quite busy punching out new equipment for myself as of late....

SAWS truly do hit hard. You'll never know how hard until you try one. The diamond core design is unique,
    and stands out from the other ball companies.

I'll cut it short, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad to be a member of bowlingboards.com and welcome any
    feedback or questions from the members of this forum.

Cheers to ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    Wow a 289 out of the box! That is great. I may have to try one out myself. What weight do you throw?

i throw mostly 15lbs. i do have a couple of 16#. i'm a pretty strong guy, but, i'm not getting any younger, so i have to drop in weight. throwing 16lbs. 150 games a week is mur-der.

good bowling,

U.S.B.C. CERTIFIED COACH

welcome to you and to ME

bigtime saw FREAK myself

once i got my first taste i knew i was hooked
    member F.O.S

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

So why Lane 1? What sets them apart from other ball companies in your opinion?
    Go Broncos!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    So why Lane 1? What sets them apart from other ball companies in your opinion?

for me it is the strength of the diamond core and the heavy rolling properties of buzzsaws. this line of balls are probably the hardest hitting, and highest carry percentage balls on the market. the diamond cores combined with the various coverstocks over the years, has made lane #1 bowling the premier "boutique" brand of balls in the industry. i matched up with the equipment immediately out of the box. i have thrown storm, and older track equipment and could not fully match up to save my life.

i have also thrown brunswick (zone line, various zones), with good success. i have thrown ebonite (turbo x, primal instinct) with good reliability. as a matter of fact, when i converted to lane #1, i was throwing, an ultimate inferno, turbo x, and storm vertigo. i also had the defense zone and pearlized sapphire zone.
    when i threw that hybrid dirty bomb , the reaction and total movement and carry, blew me away, and the rest is history. each successive saw impressed me more and i was convinced that i made the correct decision to convert to this "little known company".

has your couriosity been piqued, good, and rightly so. take a chance, pick any buzzsaw, appropiate for your chosen condition, and throw it. you just might like what you see.

buzzsaws...........now that's the flavor that we savor around here neighbor

U.S.B.C. CERTIFIED COACH

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

We've met Richie Sposato, the owner of the company as well as Dr. Joe, the guy that did the physics report on their site. It is an impressive line of equipment. The wife has a Cobalt Solid that works great. The only complaint might be that they're kind of pricey. Try them yourself, you'll probably like them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast