PAP Horizontal 4 1/2
    PAP Vertical 1/8 up
    Staff Member Yes BowlerX.com
    LANE SPECIFICATIONS
    Lane Surface Brunswick ProAnvilane
    Lane Condition 41' house and PBA Cheetah
    MEDIA
    Review
    The Hammer Deep Purple Taboo is a LARGE ball. It is effortless to get the ball to roll. On a 42' pattern the ball starts to read at 35' - 36' and just keeps going through the pin deck. It is more of a "super hard arc" type of reaction. The box finish was almost too strong for my release and speed. I was about an arrow deeper than I play with my benchmark ball (Track 716T). This ball hooked the most when I tried to stay "up the back". If I tried to help it hook (increase my axis rotation) it was counter productive. It just hooked in the oil and lost the entry angle to the pocket at the breakpoint. If the ball could talk it would have said "hey, just put some speed behind me and I will do the rest!". On a house shot this ball is OVERKILL for Low Speeds, High Axis Rotation or Low Tilt players. The opposite though, will help immensely. If people tell you that you "need to slow the ball down if you want it to hook" THIS BALL IS FOR YOU. If people tell you "you have to turn you hand more if you want it to hook" THIS BALL IS FOR YOU. If people tell you "You spin the ball too much, it will never hook" THIS BALL IS FOR YOU. All others be warned, THIS BALL GETS INTO A ROLL VERY EARLY AND IS VERY STRONG.
    As for the Cheetah pattern. I was a little nervous because I though the ball was not going to match up....I WAS WRONG. On a short pattern it was exactly what the doctor ordered. It was a ball that rolled up early enough to control the backend and still had a ton of energy to bust the rack wide open. I actually had way more miss room than my benchmark ball. If you want to play the shot like it was intended, you should be using a low RG ball on Cheetah. This ball has the perfect balance of core and cover to tame the Cheetah without trying to throw 1,000 mph up the ditch.

SIDE NOTE.
    I didn't get to polish this ball in testing. I believe it would have made it extremely and given me the control I was missing in the hook phase. I didn't polish it because that was not the manufacture's intent with this entry. The Taboo Jet Black is THAT ball. I wanted to be honest with my review and give the Deep Purple it's credit for what it is.

i watched a couple of the other videos and this ball seems to really be packing some heat in the backend ...i like the color reminds me of "the beast" bowling from columbia 300
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

Chats: 5

I reaaaaaally like this ball. A lot.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com Forums

I like the reaction too, im going to make this a definate canidate for my next purchase

Chats: 2

I have had this ball since release day and can honestly say its a complete hook monster and hits the pins like a tank. It out hooks my storm vivid by 50% easily.
    Right Handed Backup Bowler 180 average - In the bag: Hammer Purple Taboo - Marauder Madness- Storm Vivid - In the locker: Hammer Black Widow Sting. Massachusetts Demolition I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 506

me bowling with it only used on strike ball

ball speed 20-21

revs a rough guess 200-300

any other info you want to know let me know
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357