Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 Finger Bowling (Results) Practice

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by martinezsam2495 View Post
    What you're saying is that the ball is coming off early or a tad bit later, due to unorthodox timing? I'll try to get a video of me playing a game, but I have to wait until my Film 2 class lets me take out cameras.

Straight down the 6th board, I'll try that today if I go bowling, I been wanting to practice all week, but I was unable to
    What I was trying to say is that there is a difference between the ball going brooklyn because of the lane condition changing and the ball going brooklyn because it was thrown a board or two inside of the target. While many things can cause a bowler to pull the ball, many experts believe most of the time the cause is late timing. When the feet get to the line before the arm swing reaches the release point the brain will kick in and try to speed up the arm. The muscles tighten and pull the arm across the chest resulting in a pulled shot.

The important thing is to get in the habit of truly observing your ball as it goes by ( hopefully directly over ) your target and as it continues down the lane and through the pins. That way you'll know whether it was well thrown and you need to make an adjustment or it was poorly thrown and you have to focus on your basic technique.

By the way, the toughest problems to correct are when its all in your head. I once threw 8 strikes in a row on the Shark pattern, 7 of which I had missed my target one board left for brooklyn strikes, all because I was afraid to miss right and get a washout. It was really a case of lousy bowling and a considerable amount of luck resulting in a good score.
    John

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    What I was trying to say is that there is a difference between the ball going brooklyn because of the lane condition changing and the ball going brooklyn because it was thrown a board or two inside of the target. While many things can cause a bowler to pull the ball, many experts believe most of the time the cause is late timing. When the feet get to the line before the arm swing reaches the release point the brain will kick in and try to speed up the arm. The muscles tighten and pull the arm across the chest resulting in a pulled shot.

The important thing is to get in the habit of truly observing your ball as it goes by ( hopefully directly over ) your target and as it continues down the lane and through the pins. That way you'll know whether it was well thrown and you need to make an adjustment or it was poorly thrown and you have to focus on your basic technique.

By the way, the toughest problems to correct are when its all in your head. I once threw 8 strikes in a row on the Shark pattern, 7 of which I had missed my target one board left for brooklyn strikes, all because I was afraid to miss right and get a washout. It was really a case of lousy bowling and a considerable amount of luck resulting in a good score.
    I'm going to try and work on everything and perfect my approach and throw, I know it's going to take a lot of work, but I'm dedicated. I believe I have done pulled shots before, I think it's when I'm about to finish near the 3rd game in league, I sometimes speed up too much for my arm to follow, I try fixing it by slowing it down, and then it slows down too much....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12