Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Always hitting the pocket but always leaves the 10 pins.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    This makes me think of a another post about ten pins.

A guy was having a fit about leaving the ten, said it was the houses fault. Because the gutters were too deep and the 6 pin wouldn't come out of the gutter and take out the ten like it was suppose too!
    Funny, I used to hear the same argument when I managed the house up North. I'd joke about it and tell them we had just lowered them for tontines league.
    Bob

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by atty_hen05 View Post
    Hi guys,

I bowled last week at our company's league but surprisingly, I always hit the pocket good but I always leave the 10 pin. I never made any adjustments since I'm hitting the pocket..I don't know what's happening? but what I see is that the 6 pin is always going around the 10 pin instead of hitting it....what adjustment do I need to make?
    Going along with what's already been said, I've found moving back about 6" probably helps more than anything. You can still move a board to the left or right (not recommended by me) but the idea is to get the ball down closer to the foul line.

Entry angle to the pocket is a big thing, and if you've left three or four out of six frames then definitely move your feet four boards left and your target 1 or 2 left. That should change the entry angle enough. You still may have to adjust where you're standing a board or two.

Bob
    Thanks

Thanks guys for the replies..I took note of all of them... I tried all of them in the last two weeks. All of them seems to work depending on the lane situation. I seldom have the ringing 10 now and even if I do, I can pick 'em up 80% of the time with my spare ball.

Cranker
    Chats: 7

Thats whats nice about these boards! If 1 advice does'nt work,another 1 might! glad we could help!

Zothen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12