HOPKINSVILLE, Kent. – Chris Hans has been appointed the new Ebonite International, Inc. district sales manager (DSM) for the Mid-Atlantic region (MD, DE, WV, VA, NC and southern PA), announced Scott McMillan, national field sales manager for the company. Hans will serve pro shop and distributor customers in the territory previously served by Shawn Morris, now the company’s southwest region DSM.

“Chris understands both the consumer and the business side of the pro shop business which is an added benefit for our customers because he knows what it is like to be on both sides of the game,” said McMillan. “His vast knowledge will allow him to provide the best service possible for our brands while also putting his equipment, sales, financial and marketing expertise to work for his customers.”

Hans joins the company from AMF Bowling Centers, Inc. where he has served as the league marketing manager overseeing promotions in more than 300 bowling centers. Also a former pro shop owner and operator as well as bowling center manager, Hans was an Ebonite regional amateur staff member from 2000-2006 and an Ebonite Demo Day operator in 2002 and 2003. He received his B.S. in business management from Virginia Tech University and resides in Richmond, Va.

“This position will allow me to get back to my roots in the industry and I have always had a great relationship with Ebonite International,” said Hans. “As a former staff member, I have always respected the company and I look forward to being on the team again.”

Hans can be reached at chans@ebonite.com

Based in Hopkinsville, Kent., Ebonite International is a privately-owned company that currently services bowling centers, distributors and retail outlets both domestically and internationally. The company’s consumer product brands include Ebonite, Hammer, Robby’s, Columbia 300, Track and Powerhouse™. Its commercial product brands are Ebonite VanTech Capital Equipment, Vantage Genuine Parts and Ebonite Bowling Center Direct.